Re-hashed Bachmann Annie

50calMal

50calMal

Registered
1 Jul 2013
Wiltshire
Just thought I'd pop on a couple of pictures of my latest loco build. Nothing fancy, it's an old Bachmann battery RC 4-6-0, fitted with a later 'Annie' chassis, with the lot converted to on-board battery RC. A few mods to the tender to better represent the coal carrying capacity! Thanks to Phil at RC Trains, who ironed out a few issues with the first pass of RC kit, it's now running well and providing all year round power for the 'Tidewater and Lake Teslin RR',
image _3_.jpeg
image.jpeg
in my little piece of Alaska in North Wiltshire!

a98087

a98087

Registered
8 Nov 2009
Wiltshire
Looks good, and whereabouts are you on north wiltshire?

Only asking as I’m located in South Wiltshire

Dan

50calMal

50calMal

Registered
1 Jul 2013
Wiltshire
Looks good, and whereabouts are you on north wiltshire?

Only asking as I’m located in South Wiltshire

Dan
Near Royal Wootton Bassett

Malc

Bill Barnwell

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
That was a great kit bashing engine, so versatile and with the addition of their new chassis and easy repair and fix, had mine since they first came out and at that time there were no replacement chassis so I put a LGB mogul chassis under mine and added a trailing truck and came up with a prairie 2-6-2, shortened the smoke box back to the first set of rivets and cut the boiler at the last band before the cab. After shortening the tender about an 1 1/2" wound up with a engine and tender that is only about 3/8" longer than my mogul. Really like the color on you smoke box, Bill.

Attachments

Reactions: JohnSol
50calMal

50calMal

Registered
1 Jul 2013
Wiltshire
That was a great kit bashing engine, so versatile and with the addition of their new chassis and easy repair and fix, had mine since they first came out and at that time there were no replacement chassis so I put a LGB mogul chassis under mine and added a trailing truck and came up with a prairie 2-6-2, shortened the smoke box back to the first set of rivets and cut the boiler at the last band before the cab. After shortening the tender about an 1 1/2" wound up with a engine and tender that is only about 3/8" longer than my mogul. Really like the color on you smoke box, Bill.
Smokebox is painted with Tamiya Gunmetal

50calMal

50calMal

Registered
1 Jul 2013
Wiltshire
Loco looks great I live in calne didn't realise there was anyone in this area.
Hi, no I don't know of any more G'railers in the N. Wilts area, I haven't been a member of the G Scale Soc for many years, so have lost touch of who is doing what and where!

Malc

Adam1989

Adam1989

Registered
11 Mar 2018
Calne wiltshire
We will have to have some get togethers in the summer

Reactions: 50calMal