Re-hashed Bachmann Annie

50calMal

Registered
1 Jul 2013
Wiltshire
Best answers
Country flag
Just thought I'd pop on a couple of pictures of my latest loco build. Nothing fancy, it's an old Bachmann battery RC 4-6-0, fitted with a later 'Annie' chassis, with the lot converted to on-board battery RC. A few mods to the tender to better represent the coal carrying capacity! Thanks to Phil at RC Trains, who ironed out a few issues with the first pass of RC kit, it's now running well and providing all year round power for the 'Tidewater and Lake Teslin RR',image _3_.jpegimage.jpeg in my little piece of Alaska in North Wiltshire!

Reactions: 2 users

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
Best answers
Country flag
That was a great kit bashing engine, so versatile and with the addition of their new chassis and easy repair and fix, had mine since they first came out and at that time there were no replacement chassis so I put a LGB mogul chassis under mine and added a trailing truck and came up with a prairie 2-6-2, shortened the smoke box back to the first set of rivets and cut the boiler at the last band before the cab. After shortening the tender about an 1 1/2" wound up with a engine and tender that is only about 3/8" longer than my mogul. Really like the color on you smoke box, Bill.

Attachments

• 2-6-2 prairie LH side w-tenter.JPG
    2-6-2 prairie LH side w-tenter.JPG
    302.1 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 1 users

50calMal

Registered
1 Jul 2013
Wiltshire
Best answers
Country flag
That was a great kit bashing engine, so versatile and with the addition of their new chassis and easy repair and fix, had mine since they first came out and at that time there were no replacement chassis so I put a LGB mogul chassis under mine and added a trailing truck and came up with a prairie 2-6-2, shortened the smoke box back to the first set of rivets and cut the boiler at the last band before the cab. After shortening the tender about an 1 1/2" wound up with a engine and tender that is only about 3/8" longer than my mogul. Really like the color on you smoke box, Bill.
Smokebox is painted with Tamiya Gunmetal

50calMal

Registered
1 Jul 2013
Wiltshire
Best answers
Country flag
Loco looks great I live in calne didn't realise there was anyone in this area.
Hi, no I don't know of any more G'railers in the N. Wilts area, I haven't been a member of the G Scale Soc for many years, so have lost touch of who is doing what and where!

Malc

Adam1989

Registered
11 Mar 2018
Calne wiltshire
Best answers
Country flag
We will have to have some get togethers in the summer

Reactions: 1 user

John Narvell

Registered
11 Dec 2016
MD
Best answers
Country flag
I LOVE that bash! It has perfect proportions.

Flying15

Registered
12 May 2015
London
Best answers
Country flag
I really like this model
I’m
Now on the look out for an LGB mogul chsssis
Very reminiscent of two of the three 2-6-2 tender locos that I saw in Cuba in 2003
It would make a great addition to my Cuban Sugar Mill layout
Here’s a couple of pics showing Ifrain Alfonso Mills 1635 and Quintin Banderas Mills 1547
The third 2-6-2 tender loco on the Island was a conversion from a 2-6-2 tank and was 1538 at Cuidad Caracas Mill

Attachments

• F23BD79B-A0EE-4BA7-B20F-DA7C5819ABFB.jpeg
    F23BD79B-A0EE-4BA7-B20F-DA7C5819ABFB.jpeg
    749.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 64EB6C54-2FFE-4455-A039-3AC2220171D2.jpeg
    64EB6C54-2FFE-4455-A039-3AC2220171D2.jpeg
    691.3 KB · Views: 0

50calMal

Registered
1 Jul 2013
Wiltshire
Best answers
Country flag
After the previously described 'Annie' bash, I was left with a load of spare bits, which I was able to combine into the form of another loco. So during this enforced downtime I thought I'd do a bit of airbrush practice. Maybe it was in use as a stationary boiler, or has been pulled out of a river bed, or is just awaiting restoration. Whatever, how the bell and gauges have survived being removed by enthusiasts is beyond me! It must be the cold remote location of the 'Tidewater and Lake Teslin' railway.... In due course it will be displayed outside my loco shed on running days.

DSCF6291.JPGDSCF6294.JPGDSCF6293.JPGDSCF6295.JPG
DSCF6291.JPGDSCF6294.JPG

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
An excellent example of weathering, very realistic rusting, you should be proud.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
After the previously described 'Annie' bash, I was left with a load of spare bits, which I was able to combine into the form of another loco. So during this enforced downtime I thought I'd do a bit of airbrush practice. Maybe it was in use as a stationary boiler, or has been pulled out of a river bed, or is just awaiting restoration. Whatever, how the bell and gauges have survived being removed by enthusiasts is beyond me! It must be the cold remote location of the 'Tidewater and Lake Teslin' railway.... In due course it will be displayed outside my loco shed on running days.

View attachment 263542View attachment 263544View attachment 263543View attachment 263545
View attachment 263542View attachment 263544
Nice job, I just must do some work with my Airbrush. No excuses now I have the Paint, Compressor and also time! Oh plus lots of things that need weathering as well.