Piko 35010 and lgb 50110

richand26mhz

Registered
25 Apr 2010
Penkridge
Best answers
Country flag
Hello I was just wondering if anyone has tried this combo Piko central station and the lgb 5 amp trasformer.

I have just tried the combo and the Piko controller just has a red light and no response. any help appreciated if I need to get the Piko trasformer.

Last edited:

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
That should work OK. Have you got the wiring wrong? Have you tried the red button on the CS

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
I believe the Piko Central Station wants 16-22v DC not AC as output from the LGB transformer

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Please ignore my last post - just found the 35010 instructions and it states "Input Power Supply 16 - 22C DC/AC"

It also states ""Solid red indicates that the Central Station is overheated".

richand26mhz

Registered
25 Apr 2010
Penkridge
Best answers
Country flag
Yes i read that about the red light. it goes red as soon as power is applied so i doubt its overheating.

the output on the Piko 35000 transformer is 22 Volt /100 VA DC
the lgb output is 20V/120 VA

it would be great if anyone had this set up to confirm if it works or not. Just encase the Piko is not working correctly or i need to get the piko transformer.

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
My best guess is that your CS is faulty. Can you get it to a store to try a Piko transformer before committing to buy. I cant see that the difference you just listed makes a significant difference.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
My best guess is that your CS is faulty. Can you get it to a store to try a Piko transformer before committing to buy. I cant see that the difference you just listed makes a significant difference.
Or perhaps can anyone Local help. Must be someone near Penkridge?
JonD

richand26mhz

Registered
25 Apr 2010
Penkridge
Best answers
Country flag
I can get my dad to take it to GRS were we bought it from to try it. if nobody local.

Gardenbahner

Registered
10 Jul 2013
Best answers
You could try resetting it.

"Reset Function: The Reset function removes all custom data settings stored in the Central Station and returns it to the original factory default settings. Give careful thought before performing a Reset. To avoid unintentional deletion of data, the Reset function is only activated by the following sequence: Press the green Reset button (right) for 10 seconds, then release the button for 2 seconds, then press the button for 10 seconds again. This starts the Reset process. The yellow LED (right) illuminates while data is being deleted. This can take a few seconds. The LED remains illuminated until the procedure is completed."

More information and manuals available here:-

http://www.gscalenews.com/information/piko-g-digital-system

richand26mhz

Registered
25 Apr 2010
Penkridge
Best answers
Country flag
i tried that just now. no luck it just sits there with the red light on. :(

andyspencer

Registered
30 Oct 2009
West Midlands
Best answers
Country flag
I've just had the same fault with a brand new MTS 3 CS. It was sent back to LGB for replacement under warranty. Was same situation, with constant red light on first power up (showing as over temp).

richand26mhz

Registered
25 Apr 2010
Penkridge
Best answers
Country flag
my dad is taking it back to GRS next week. they said the CS was AC only on the phone. but the manual it states ac/dc.

Reactions: 1 user

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
my dad is taking it back to GRS next week. they said the CS was AC only on the phone. but the manual it states ac/dc.

Ah, it's not impossible that there are different variants of CS.
Its very easy to check what power yours needs. Take a look somewhere, maybe near the power input connection, in addition to a statement of the voltage required you should see a symbol similar to one of these.

EDIT. The above information should have been correct but PIKO have confused the issue.
Please read post 27 and subsequent posts of his topic.

AC DC.jpg

Last edited:

Gardenbahner

Registered
10 Jul 2013
Best answers
Hang on, hang on, That's not the digital central station. It looks like the 5 amp analogue controller to me.
The centre output socket should say "DCC BUS".
Is there a red control knob on the top?

Reactions: 1 user

richand26mhz

Registered
25 Apr 2010
Penkridge
Best answers
Country flag
Hang on, hang on, That's not the digital central station. It looks like the 5 amp analogue controller to me.

No its definitely the Central station .

Gardenbahner

Registered
10 Jul 2013
Best answers
The 35010 central station.
Did you look carefully at all the pictures in those links? Scroll down and look at the images of the rear connections. The picture you posted above is not the central station. Maybe someone switched the covers over?

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag

Maybe Piko now just use the same rear panel printing on both units, since the socket serves the same purpose on both (somewhere to connect either the Navi cable or the wireless receiver) - the graphics of the wireless symbol and the Navi make more sense for the Euro market anyway.....?

Jon.