"Pfiffi" gets her crew......

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
I've just used one of Preiser's new sets of loco crew, which I briefly reviewed here a couple of months back, to crew my new Trainline45 Pfiffi 0-6-0 - the figures fit really nicely, I think, the poses looking very natural and realistic, both of them having a hand resting on the cab door surround. The have been fixed in place with clear silicone glue/sealant (there is a little glue "splurge" that needs cleaning off around the Fireman's hand, but that should come off easily when touch-dry) - I chose that over other more permanent adhesives because I will probably need to remove them if I ever need to take the loco apart for any reason, and of course the clear silicone will peel off relatively easily compared with fixing them with contact adhesive, superglue etc!

Pfiffi Driver.jpeg

Pfiffi Fireman.jpeg

Pfiffi crew1.jpeg

I'm very pleased with them..... next job is to fill the coal bunker, using some of this rather than the very oversized lumps of "real" coal that TL45 give you with the loco! ;)

Dunelm coal2.JPG

Jon.

Reactions: 5 users

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
"Splurge"!

I like that?

Like the loco too mate....

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Loco looks even better.

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Smart looking crew,enhances the look of the loco,very nice:cool::cool:.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
All locomotives should have a Loco Crew, these are much better than that leaning forward LGB guy that annoys me so much. The TL Coal can be smashed a little smaller buy the simple expedient of a gentle application with a Lump Hammer. Preferably in an empty sturdy Plastic Box so that it can all be recovered for use.
JonD

Reactions: 1 user

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Agree with your thoughts on the LGB figure Jon,and also that locos should have a crew,as for coal will have to find some for my upcoming Connie bash.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
The standard LGB driver always seems to me to be leaning forward as if he were urging the loco on, rather as if he needed to answer a call of nature at the next stop!

The Preiser crew are much better, although the fireman seems to be staring into space a bit too much. Maybe if his head were pointing down a bit as if he were talking to someone on the platform would be better.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
.......... the fireman seems to be staring into space a bit too much. Maybe if his head were pointing down a bit as if he were talking to someone on the platform would be better.

He's daydreaming about the stein of beer and the large bratwurst that awaits him when he gets off duty..... ;)

Jon.

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Anything ca. Be improved with a lumphammer.. ;-)

Reactions: 1 users

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
The standard LGB driver always seems to me to be leaning forward as if he were urging the loco on, rather as if he needed to answer a call of nature at the next stop!
That standard LGB Driver is a complete git, chop his legs with a saw and make him stand upright. Chop his head off and turn it round a bit so that he is looking in a different direction. With a repaint he can be transformed from the complete

Schweinehund

that he is.

Reactions: 2 users

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
That standard LGB Driver is a complete git, chop his legs with a saw and make him stand upright. Chop his head off and turn it round a bit so that he is looking in a different direction. With a repaint he can be transformed from the complete

Schweinehund

that he is.

So that means you haven't to make a pig's ear of it or it will be the dog's doo-dahs?

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
He's daydreaming about the stein of beer and the large bratwurst that awaits him when he gets off duty..... ;)

Jon.
More like something in a dirndle. :blush:

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
with beer !
dirndl.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
So that's why you can never find a barmaid, they're all supping from a Mass (sorry Jon, they ain't jugs - as such)!

Oktoberfest-Germany-NUMBERS0916.jpg

Alexander0654

Registered
26 Dec 2009
Schoeneck, France
Best answers
Country flag
And it why Germans have such large Krug's :giggle::giggle: