Orient Express Rolling Stock

ebay mike

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Not done anything about the fourgon yet, apart from printing some lettering panels. The bar car idea has been resurrected and a start made on exterior finishing. Fitting out is next on the list.
IMG_20200727_203158.jpg

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Not done anything about the fourgon yet, apart from printing some lettering panels.

Well, it probably has to be the last wagon, as it's a forgone conclusion :wondering::wondering:

OK, Hat

Coat

Door :hi:

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
If four have gone.. How many courses, are left? - I'll turn up for pudding! :party::nod:

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
If four have gone.. How many courses, are left? - I'll turn up for pudding! :party::nod:
Well, if it's the Orient Express, I suspect there's still quite a few more courses to go ;);)

I'd pass on the waffer thin mints though :oops::oops:

ebay mike

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011
OK so the cream doesn't match, but to be quite honest I don't mind. The roof is wrong but a quick spray with silver will suffice. Doors are in the process of being painted. One of them had the bottom hinge pip broken off, but some careful drilling and insertion of a short length of umbrella strut has restored operation. The donor coach didn't have roof vents but I found a pack of black car interior trim buttons in the garage which will look the part. I managed to source the correct pattern corridor connections from muns some time ago. My next foray into the Aladdin's cave should produce a bar with pumps, some chairs and a boxful of Meng 1/35 bottles and glasses. The scale differential should not be too noticeable. Lighting will be installed in all four coaches in due course. I have a waiter and barmaid anxious to be released from 'furlough' and by the time all patrons are onboard hopefully social distancing will no longer be necessary.
IMG_20200728_141421.jpg
IMG_20200728_141442.jpg
IMG_20200728_142619.jpg
IMG_20200728_142522.jpg
IMG_20200728_142817.jpg

Last edited:
ebay mike

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011
Roof completed. Poundland wheel silver rattlecan. Small collar cut from a piece of Plastruct tube so the vent sits proud of the roof, a quick wipe with a black permanent marker (to save getting the paint our and waiting for it to dry), 6mm hole drilled and it pop-fits nicely. From a short distance you can't tell the difference. At 99p for six they're also cheaper than LGB spares.
IMG_20200729_084628.jpg

ebay mike

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011
Can't get away from him, can you? He pops up everywhere. Michael Portillo has crept in to use the only facilities currently in the coach. Paintwork complete, windows refitted, doors hung, roof back in place - just waiting for the interior fitters to turn up.
IMG_20200729_145317.jpg

Reactions: mike
Gizzy

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Can't get away from him, can you? He pops up everywhere. Michael Portillo has crept in to use the only facilities currently in the coach. Paintwork complete, windows refitted, doors hung, roof back in place - just waiting for the interior fitters to turn up.
View attachment 270718
Portillo in the Portaloo....

ebay mike

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011