I have found continued employment and the care of an elderly relative very demanding over the last few months. A long weekend off prompted some 'me time' to unwind so I managed to resurrect a project which had been put to one side. Piko Taurus has acquired the necessary coats of paint and a start has been made on associated livery. This will be a completely fictional loco - it's assumed that Siemen's leasing arm (Dispolok) was successful in obtaining a contract with VSOE and a multi-current vehicle supplied capable of traversing the entire route. Before I removed all the lettering from the donor bodyshell I photographed all markings and using MS Paint have produced what I think would have been an appropriate set for use on my model. These have been printed on inkjet vinyl and will be lacquered in due course. The colours are a much better match that the photographs indicate and hopefully will blend in well. I've purchased a Piko decoder and an LGB 65006 sound unit which will be installed shortly. I don't expect much more progress in the immediate future but will update developments as they happen.