Orient Express Rolling Stock

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
Is that Post Van a repaint? If so a vary good job. But looking at your reworked coaches I guess I should not be surprised at your skills.
No Jon. A £30 BIN from eBay some years ago. No catalogue number on the (original) box - just the standard LGB label printed with 1985 Jahreswagen. There's a printed panel on the wagon body which my poor German thinks celebrates 104 years of railways. I wonder is this is some sort of 'club' model produced from a standard van as the mailbox is not moulded on, just an adhesive sticker.

The Shed

Citizen of the Republic of the North East.
8 Mar 2020
Darlington, County Durham.
Country
England
Best answers

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011
Best answers
Country flag

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
They really are heavy and would have been well over the top if I had decided to use Bburago (or similar) diecast models. If I place these at the rear of my 14 coach rake (the fullsize Pullmans) I will need to double head with two Mikados.
I thought triple heading was still within the capability of your loco roster :cool: :cool: :cool:

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011
Best answers
Country flag
I thought triple heading was still within the capability of your loco roster :cool: :cool: :cool:
Oh yuss Rhino, but due to yesterday's discovery the matter of overall weight and axle loading will now come into play. FYI the only locos available in multiples of three or more are - Mikado(3), BR80 (6), Taurus(4), Stainz (>6), Schoema (4), LCE (8)- to the best of my knowledge but who knows what else lurks in the garage.

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011
Best answers
Country flag
From last week.