OcCre tram Lisboa

PedroCarvalho

Registered
26 Jan 2021
LPPT
Best answers
These sort of surgical details bring the construction to such a remarkable level. Its inspiring!

Thank you again for the information. I'll try the ripstop solution as soon as I'm done with the opening windows.

DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
I am so glad I have joined this forum, the inspiration from this thread alone made joining with while.
Occre kit will be ordered today once I can decide which one to get.

David

D Gibbon

Registered
6 Jan 2022
Italy
Best answers
Country flag
Hello everyone, after the positive experience with Soller tram I decide to start another 1/24 kit.

I chose the Lisbon tram, here the kit specifications

Box Contents.

P4180341.jpg

Wooden boards

P4180346.jpg

P4180347.jpg

Metal castings

P4180325.jpg

Photographic instructions and text

P4180351.jpg

Stickers, imitation leather for seats and clear plastic for glass.

P4180349.jpg

Glass windows mask and wood stripes

P4180354.jpg

I would like to build this beautiful tram with many details, working lights and motorization

I still haven't decided how to make the electric motor, there is an optional kit 55013 for tramways

but I could also build the motor by hand like I already did for the tram de Soller.. it work good.
however, I should work wheels on the lathe making them full because casting wheels are only for static.
in any case I will think about the motorbox only at build-log end.

The kit has a medium difficulty assembly, many details left basic and simplified so that everyone can complete it
I will try to open the windows and doors, I would like to light up the sign on the roof and of course all the tram lights.
Hello. I am talking to a motor supplier about possibly providing a gearbox for these kits. Can you please tell me the distance from the floor to the axle using the wheels supplied with the kit?

3 minutes of fame

3d printing, electronics and trams
14 Dec 2020
Lincolnshire
www.mgnr.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hello. I am talking to a motor supplier about possibly providing a gearbox for these kits. Can you please tell me the distance from the floor to the axle using the wheels supplied with the kit?
The wheels supplied with the kit are unsuitable for motorising, as they are too narrow in profile for anything other than extremely fine scale track and being cast, are not accurate enough for smooth running.

The distance from the centre of the axle to the base of the floor is 20mm. The best gearbox I've found so far is the Appletree gearbox with Slaters spoked wheels. They are about 2mm greater in diameter, but this can be accommodated by setting the axle frames at 18mm, which still gives enough clearance for the wheels and retains the correct height.

D Gibbon

Registered
6 Jan 2022
Italy
Best answers
Country flag
The wheels supplied with the kit are unsuitable for motorising, as they are too narrow in profile for anything other than extremely fine scale track and being cast, are not accurate enough for smooth running.

The distance from the centre of the axle to the base of the floor is 20mm. The best gearbox I've found so far is the Appletree gearbox with Slaters spoked wheels. They are about 2mm greater in diameter, but this can be accommodated by setting the axle frames at 18mm, which still gives enough clearance for the wheels and retains the correct height.
Many thanks!

D Gibbon

Registered
6 Jan 2022
Italy
Best answers
Country flag
I am in the process of (trying to) motorizing my San Francisco Streetcar, but currently the Apple Tree is not suitable, however, I can say that Tim from the company is very helpful, and will assist with advice.
Tim has now produced a mounting bracket which should make fitting his gearbox easy.

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Tim has now produced a mounting bracket which should make fitting his gearbox easy.

DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Is the occre Lisbon tram scaled to suite 45mm gauge track or closer to the correct scale suitable for 32mm gauge track?

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
It is advertised as 1:24 scale so pretty well spot on for us, not oversized which it would be if made to 16mm scale or 1:19 for 2ft gauge if you like.

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
OcCre used to make a motrization kit for their tram kits. It was gauged at 45 mm. I assume then that all their kits would then be able to accomodate this gauge. However, how each kit is scaled, or even if proportioned correctly, can be debated. I have the "Madrid" tram, c 1:24 scale, to which I fitted a USAT motor lock of about the right w/b. Max

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Another option could be the swift 16 adjustable chassis. I have used them in a couple of Steam Trams and they work pretty good.