Occre Soller tram colours?

Mohawk Valley

Registered
11 Feb 2023
Coventry UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi,

Does any one know what colour the floors are on Soller trams. Occre seem to paint them a light grey, which is not correct. From memory and photographs they seem to be more of a bluey-grey colour, which is very attractive as opposed to plain grey.
looking on the Occre paint charts, they only seem to list a dark blue or light ish grey for this model. Occre makes a close colour as OC19311 and before I order this, I’m wondering if this is correct.

Cheers
Martin

viaEstrecha

Spanish metre gauge in G scale (on the cheap)
25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Hi,

Does any one know what colour the floors are on Soller trams. Occre seem to paint them a light grey, which is not correct. From memory and photographs they seem to be more of a bluey-grey colour, which is very attractive as opposed to plain grey.
looking on the Occre paint charts, they only seem to list a dark blue or light ish grey for this model. Occre makes a close colour as OC19311 and before I order this, I’m wondering if this is correct.

Cheers
Martin
Not a brilliant photo, and of the painted rather than varnished type, but the best I have from 2007, which actually shows a hint of grey floor!
soller16 (Medium).jpg
The varnished one seems the same:
soller13 (Medium).jpg

Reactions: 1 user

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
A couple of shots that I took 25.9.2007 would indicate a light blue.

dig 070925031.JPG

dig 070925027.JPG

David

Mohawk Valley

Registered
11 Feb 2023
Coventry UK
Best answers
Country flag
Not a brilliant photo, and of the painted rather than varnished type, but the best I have from 2007, which actually shows a hint of grey floor!
View attachment 320129
The varnished one seems the same:
View attachment 320130
Thanks for these pics, but the colour that I’m after is the one currently used…pics taken this summer and they have been like this for quite a few years, well all the time I’ve been going there, which is about 10 years.

Cheers
Martin

Attachments

• IMG_7350.jpeg
    IMG_7350.jpeg
    556 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7351.jpeg
    IMG_7351.jpeg
    539.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7352.jpeg
    IMG_7352.jpeg
    577.2 KB · Views: 0

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
A couple of shots that I took 25.9.2007 would indicate a light blue.

View attachment 320131

View attachment 320132

David
Clearly the colours have changed over the years so it would appear to suggest knowing what period one wishes to represent and deciding ones choice. I visited the line in 1986 and my pictures are a little inconclusive showing possibly as grey. Thus we have 3 possible solutions:-
- Grey likely between at least 1986 and 2007 ( me and viaEstrecha viaEstrecha )
- Blue possible change sometime in 2007 ( David1226 David1226 )
- Varnished (Occre) I believe this would have been an earlier scheme, it would have certainly been more durable in the earlier days where perhaps harder to service colour schemes would be more practical, plus it would have nicely shown off the wood of the floors as in the case of many Tram systems and indeed earlier LT stock, I well remember the Bakerloo line stock in the 1960’s as rather grubby wood.

Mohawk Valley

Registered
11 Feb 2023
Coventry UK
Best answers
Country flag
Clearly the colours have changed over the years so it would appear to suggest knowing what period one wishes to represent and deciding ones choice. I visited the line in 1986 and my pictures are a little inconclusive showing possibly as grey. Thus we have 3 possible solutions:-
- Grey likely between at least 1986 and 2007 ( me and viaEstrecha viaEstrecha )
- Blue possible change sometime in 2007 ( David1226 David1226 )
- Varnished (Occre) I believe this would have been an earlier scheme, it would have certainly been more durable in the earlier days where perhaps harder to service colour schemes would be more practical, plus it would have nicely shown off the wood of the floors as in the case of many Tram systems and indeed earlier LT stock, I well remember the Bakerloo line stock in the 1960’s as rather grubby wood.
Yes, it’s the blue/grey colour I’m after, which is currently in use.
I have no idea about earlier versions as I’ve not seen them.
Cheers
Martin

rhaetianfan

RhB (obviously) but otherwise any 'modern' locos
24 Oct 2009
Hamble
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, it’s the blue/grey colour I’m after, which is currently in use.
I have no idea about earlier versions as I’ve not seen them.
Cheers
Martin
September this year:

Soller.jpg

Looks as though the floor is mid-grey and the edging is blue. Can't say I actually noticed as the return trip was full of upright people... you couldn't call them standing as standing people usually have their feet on the floor!

M

Mohawk Valley

Registered
11 Feb 2023
Coventry UK
Best answers
Country flag
September this year:

View attachment 320191

Looks as though the floor is mid-grey and the edging is blue. Can't say I actually noticed as the return trip was full of upright people... you couldn't call them standing as standing people usually have their feet on the floor!

M
Yes, they do like to pack them in don’t they?
Looking at your pic, and some I’ve found in my small archive, I think it’s all one colour of a light blue/grey. The light plays tricks and shows the edge to be a lighter colour, but the floor is definitely the same colour. It might also be greyish because of all the wear it has. One of the pics below is looking down the interior of a car and the raised bits look darker…but I seem to remember them being the same colour as the floor. I also seem to think that the roof on the trams is a similar colour…

Cheers

Martin

Attachments

• IMG_2597.jpeg
    IMG_2597.jpeg
    373.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2599.jpeg
    IMG_2599.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2606.jpeg
    IMG_2606.jpeg
    214.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2436.jpeg
    IMG_2436.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

viaEstrecha

Spanish metre gauge in G scale (on the cheap)
25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Pleasant change to see rail vehicles from Spain which aren't covered in puerile graffiti :nod: