3 minutes of fame

3d printing, electronics and trams
14 Dec 2020
Lincolnshire
www.mgnr.uk
Best answers
Country flag
A gold star to you both!!

Not sure how no one has ever mentioned it to Occre in 10 years!

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
A gold star to you both!!

Not sure how no one has ever mentioned it to Occre in 10 years!
Do you know that? Or are you assuming that because it hasn't been changed, no one has told them? If they're anything like the company I work for, it doesn't matter how many times they are told something, its ignored every time

tramwayknowledge

Tramway Modelling
22 Oct 2011
Fife
Best answers
Country flag
I like your axle bbearing/pedestal/thingies ! As I have some Apple Tree and Fosmotor setups I would like to experiment - and your bearings look just right. Mine 'for a pint of beer'...... how much is beer in your area?/

3 minutes of fame

14 Dec 2020
Lincolnshire
www.mgnr.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Do you know that? Or are you assuming that because it hasn't been changed, no one has told them? If they're anything like the company I work for, it doesn't matter how many times they are told something, its ignored every time
All I can say is they said thanks we've not spotted it before, we'll change it and send you a new set of decals. Let's see what arrives...

3 minutes of fame

14 Dec 2020
Lincolnshire
www.mgnr.uk
Best answers
Country flag
I like your axle bbearing/pedestal/thingies ! As I have some Apple Tree and Fosmotor setups I would like to experiment - and your bearings look just right. Mine 'for a pint of beer'...... how much is beer in your area?/
How many do you need and would you be happy with filament as opposed to resin prints? If so, just covering the postage is fine. If you have access to a printer, the files are in the 3d print section.

These are designed for 31mm wheels, so you may need to pack them up a bit for larger wheels.

tramwayknowledge

Tramway Modelling
22 Oct 2011
Fife
Best answers
Country flag
How many do you need and would you be happy with filament as opposed to resin prints? If so, just covering the postage is fine. If you have access to a printer, the files are in the 3d print section.

These are designed for 31mm wheels, so you may need to pack them up a bit for larger wheels.
I am hoping to try building a motor bogie and remotor one of my 4 wheelers, so would 12 be too much of a pain for you?

Filament will be fine.

I don't have a 3 D printer, I am far too old a bear to start learning all that CAD stuff! I am of the Hackem & Sickit generation.

I model trams so an Apple Tree motor and Slaters 31mm wheels are fine

3 minutes of fame

14 Dec 2020
Lincolnshire
www.mgnr.uk
Best answers
Country flag
That sounds OK. Do you want to send me a PM with your contact details. I normally ask for a small donation to a charity of your choice rather than send me any money.

FatherMcD

Registered
13 Mar 2014
Idaho
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Don't know about the Queen's English, but I would expect it to read "Change Cars AT Abbey Wood" or possibly IN or BY.

3 minutes of fame

14 Dec 2020
Lincolnshire
www.mgnr.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Suspect you might be right. Pic of the tram in preservation...

Screenshot_20210315-214606_Messenger~2.jpg

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Whoops!

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
All I can say is they said thanks we've not spotted it before, we'll change it and send you a new set of decals. Let's see what arrives...
Interesting as I have not used the Occre lettering sheets on my LCC conversion, are they actually transfers? I got the impression that they were just prints on quality paper to be glued in place.

3 minutes of fame

14 Dec 2020
Lincolnshire
www.mgnr.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Interesting as I have not used the Occre lettering sheets on my LCC conversion, are they actually transfers? I got the impression that they were just prints on quality paper to be glued in place.
Yes, they are just stickers on glossy paper. They do look very good though, but you need a little bit of effort to hide the edges sometimes.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, they are just stickers on glossy paper. They do look very good though, but you need a little bit of effort to hide the edges sometimes.
Well I reckon you succeeded with that little bit of work.

3 minutes of fame

14 Dec 2020
Lincolnshire
www.mgnr.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Look what turned up today!
The corrected lettering for the tram.

Top service from Occre. How many other manufacturers would do this? Not very many I would wager..20210331_112807.jpg20210331_112511.jpg

DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag

Top service from Occre. How many other manufacturers would do this? Not very many I would wager..View attachment 283079View attachment 283078
That's very good service indeed. I raised an issue with a supplier about their lettering and they acknowledged it was incorrect and said they could correct it if I paid for the new artwork. Suffice to say I sourced an alternative supplier.

David

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag

Top service from Occre. How many other manufacturers would do this? Not very many I would wager..
Looking at the photos it looks like all the coloured panels are stick on, so is external painting kept to a minimum :)

3 minutes of fame

14 Dec 2020
Lincolnshire
www.mgnr.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Looking at the photos it looks like all the coloured panels are stick on, so is external painting kept to a minimum :)
Correct, but you need to paint all visible edges and sand and varnish the whole tram to ensure the stickers stick!