OcCre tram Lisboa

• Thread starter wrighizilla
  • Start date
W

wrighizilla

Registered
7 Apr 2018
italy
oh well .. I took this Occre motor unit for San Francisco cable car as to replace my flickering and full wheeled engine.

Occre has stopped producing motor units, so the 55013 is already unavailable ..
I had to take what's available, the San Francisco cable car kit at least adds me 4 wheels for future projects.

obviously I had to adapt the motor unit to the distance of the wheels of my tram.

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Where there's a wheel there's a way

W

wrighizilla

Registered
7 Apr 2018
italy
Ok.. this way is with San Francisco modified motor unit

Look a littlebit too high.. I have to think about..

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
oh well .. I took this Occre motor unit for San Francisco cable car as to replace my flickering and full wheeled engine.

Occre has stopped producing motor units, so the 55013 is already unavailable ..
I had to take what's available, the San Francisco cable car kit at least adds me 4 wheels for future projects.

obviously I had to adapt the motor unit to the distance of the wheels of my tram.

That looks like a very suitable chassis kit for a small Bogie Railcar or Tram.

W

wrighizilla

Registered
7 Apr 2018
italy
well, I found the solution.
my handmade motor unit is not so bad especially mixing the pieces with those of the Occre.
Compared to the motor unit Occre mine is a little lower and the tram is aesthetically better.

More than that I can't lower, the wheels almost touch in the floor.
to lower more difficult, should be make wheel arches inside the passenger compartment...

The Occre motor unit will be used for a heavy locomotive cleaner that I really need, nothing will go to waste.