OcCre BR 18 Bavarian Dream

wrighizilla

Registered
7 Apr 2018
italy
Best answers
Country flag
now I'm doing the indoor railroad, I still miss 2 curve to finish the track
it is made of walnut wood and corresponds to a radius R3 and I think is the minimum for this loco.

DSCN9991.jpg

DSCN9992.jpg

DSCN9997.jpg

DSCN9998.jpg

DSCN9999.jpg

DSCN0002.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

wrighizilla

Registered
7 Apr 2018
italy
Best answers
Country flag
and this is the last video I made, as soon as I finish the track I can try the train on an oval ring of 2x3mt

this is the complete photo gallery, I hope it will be useful if you decide to build this locomotive
inside you will find many missing photos in the discussion

https://postimg.org/gallery/tv277240/

now I go back to the lab to finish the last 2 curves

Reactions: 2 users

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Amazing, what else can one say!!

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Even though it is primarily a kit, that is astonishingly good craftsmanship, excellent woodwork and soldering skills and some of the best paintwork I have seen in a while. The fact it runs as well is icing on the cake. You should be very proud of your work. Well done.

wrighizilla

Registered
7 Apr 2018
italy
Best answers
Country flag
thank you wery much!!

summing up this kit is within reach of anyone who is able to build a small kit vessel,just to make a comparison of difficulty and maybe is more easy., of course there is to work for a month.
I have not encountered any particular difficulty and nothing that has not been able to solve including the mistake of the smoke unit in the tender.
in the kit I found an unthreaded screw which I solved with a 2.5mm tap and die, OcCre have a support team and if you find problems they give an useful help.
the price is around 400 euros but not too different from a piko locomotive.
in the box is included a second text manual in Italian (or your language) but I never needed to consult it, the photos were sufficient.
I tried to limit the use of cyanoacrylate which is mainly used for squared floors and some parts that there was no way to hold firm in place.
somethimes I used a drop of cyanoacrylate to react the epoxy glue, it is useful to block the parts quickly while the epoxy glue dries
in my model I changed colors compared to the box version, the yellow adhesive lines I replaced them with a flat brass wire and I colored the wheels .. unfortunately I did not give an adhesion and the plastic does not like the paint much, in case you want changing color to the wheels is better sandpapering and using a plastic primer.
for the rest I used vinyl glue, a good slow drying epoxy, solder and tin paste.
absolutely needed a dremel and a nail naliler tool like Amati 7399 or OcCre 19108
for the paint I used two-component polyurethane because it makes no sense to spend money in spray cans, you can also use it without adding catalyst, it will only be more delicate,but it dry in 10 min.
for the details I used water colors like vallejo lifecolor etc
my aerograph is the worst quality ever, just a first price Revell badger
I use smd led 335 warm white,and some 330k resistors for 12v, they need a good visor with lenses to weld them
the motor unit is predisposed to take current from the track so if you have the metal tracks the work of electronics is much simpler, if necessary to pull coach vagons it is better to mount 2 or modify it for 4x4wd and I made the traction rings with a bicycle tube

Last edited:

royale

G scale and driving my Royale Sabre kit car
26 Oct 2009
Long Eaton
Best answers
An excellent locomotive - very well done.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Very nice build thread and completed loco. Clearly Occre are stepping up their game and I look forward to perhaps a Steam Tram of similar construction in the future. Certainly at €400 the class 18 is superb value though does this include the full motorising kit as well?

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Wow - we look forward to your build log - there seems to be a very large number of parts!
And welcome!

"Wow" indeed.... that is an amazing build and a beautiful loco.......

Jon.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Sorry if I missed this basic info in an earlier post, there was a lot to read through..... I assume this is a Gauge 1 model running on 45mm?

Jon.

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Absolutely magnificent.

Can we see it running on your track?

tac

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Excellent!

I assume it is quite light in weight?

It seems to run very freely? Is this with just one driven axle?

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
A truly smashing model, and excellently constructed. I wouldn't worry about your English, what's a few language slips when the modelling is that good.:clap::clap::clap:

Reactions: 1 user

wrighizilla

Registered
7 Apr 2018
italy
Best answers
Country flag
weight is 1600gr locomotive and 1300gr tender.. + 1 lipo battery = 3kg scale 1 g gauge 45mm

everything is smooth and freely axles turns on 6 plastic bushings, linkage rods do not have to be tight, must to leave a lot of space otherwise when the locomotive makes the curve it get stuck.
motor unit is sold separately and is 2wd, motor have a double shaft but only one worm gear.
certainly with 2 motor units it would be able to pull many vagons.. with 2-wheel drive I'm sure at least one wagon is able to pull it in forward and reverse.
as soon is possible I make a video.my wood railway is near to be finished and tomorrow I build the last 30cm missing,.
it should not have been necessary but is a handmade railway and there are some small adjustments to be made

DSCN0004.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

wrighizilla

Registered
7 Apr 2018
italy
Best answers
Country flag
A lot of news..
It is arrived second motor unit and a new kit from OcCre Costa MZA, maybe is better I start a new discussion for it.

DSCN0009.jpg

I have built second motor unit

DSCN0019.jpg

DSCN0020.jpg

DSCN0021.jpg

DSCN0026.jpg

I have changed radio system with a 40Mhz receiver
this is my new only indoor radio, it was an old Hitec Flash 4 broken and useless..
now with this radio I run two trains with 2 aux funcions each.

DSCN0017.jpg

Now tender can pull many coaches, weight is 300gr more with another lead plate ballast it work perfectly.

DSCN0024.jpg

Now smoke unit is proportional with motor units, as soon I will make a video.

Reactions: 4 users

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
That's a smart looking control box you have there.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
That's a smart looking control box you have there.

Yes, love the look of the controller.... very "steampunk", if I may say so..... ;)

Jon.

wrighizilla

Registered
7 Apr 2018
italy
Best answers
Country flag
yes but now I have rebuilt the original telescopic antenna, this morning there was some transmission problems
the steampunk look does not always work well ...