OcCre BR 18 Bavarian Dream

Locomotive 60

Registered
6 Nov 2018
UK
Best answers
Wow - we look forward to your build log - there seems to be a very large number of parts!
And welcome![/QUOTE
We like !!!
Please show more ..
Your English is great..better than mine
Hi, I have just finish build an OcCre BR18 kit with motor unit, smoke and lights
my loco is radio controlled and run on a handmade wooden railway.

Locomotora S3/6 BR-18. Modelismo ferroviario de OcCre. Ferromodelismo.

kit contain metal castings, many brass parts and wood,
this is the kit content..

DSCN9746.jpg

DSCN9747.jpg

DSCN9750.jpg

DSCN9751.jpg

DSCN9754.jpg

DSCN9749.jpg

instruction manual is all photographic, throughout the construction I did not need the text and no any problem to follow it

DSCN9756.jpg

this is the 2wd motor unit sold separately

DSCN9745.jpg

now if you like I show my build log, sorry for my poor english, I try my best to answer at all your questions

Hi, I have just finish build an OcCre BR18 kit with motor unit, smoke and lights
my loco is radio controlled and run on a handmade wooden railway.

Locomotora S3/6 BR-18. Modelismo ferroviario de OcCre. Ferromodelismo.

kit contain metal castings, many brass parts and wood,
this is the kit content..

DSCN9746.jpg

DSCN9747.jpg

DSCN9750.jpg

DSCN9751.jpg

DSCN9754.jpg

DSCN9749.jpg

instruction manual is all photographic, throughout the construction I did not need the text and no any problem to follow it

DSCN9756.jpg

this is the 2wd motor unit sold separately

DSCN9745.jpg

now if you like I show my build log, sorry for my poor english, I try my best to answer at all your questions

Hi.......I would really like to build this model.....could you explain how everything is wired together.....smoke generator,lighting,motor units,and battery size.....how are motor units connected to remote control.....any help would be grateful.....

wrighizilla

Registered
7 Apr 2018
italy
Best answers
Country flag
Locomotive is radio controlled but is more simple build it with a traditional 12v taken from the track.

my components are:
speed controller hobbywing quicrun 1060 brushed reverse.. it have a setup cutoff for 2s.3s lipo battery.
motors consumption is very low, you can use most of 1/10 rc car forward reverse regulator for brushed motors..

I have fit 2 Occre motor units because locomotive slipper too much with only one motor, and also my train grow.. now I have 2 wagons.
if you want it pull many wagons I suggest to use 2 motor unit and rubber traction rings fit on wheels.

smoke unit is a heng long replacement for 1/16 battle tank.. I suggest to have it before start construction.. it fit perfectly inside front boiler.

my radio is a 40mhz old and useless hitec flash 4ch.. locomotive is 1ch throttle forward reverse, other channels are used for gadgets..

I use a 3s lipo 1500mA but you can use many other batteries.. for example a lead battery 12v, in any case you need weight.

wiring the train is not so difficult, smoke unit is connected to main motors and start proportional, led lights are connected to 12v with resistors, the big casting on front is removable to check smoke unit and inside the tender there are space for all electronic components and a big battery.
If you decide to built this train remember use first class glue and paint, costruction is not for beginner but quite simple.

I hope to follow soon your buildlog..

wrighizilla

Registered
7 Apr 2018
italy
Best answers
Country flag
now I'm very busy building my bedroom with the shelf that will support the Occre train track

this is my idea.
track is just an oval, this is the half corner in the upper part of the room.

it will be a long job ..

PB266517.jpg

PB266516.jpg

wrighizilla

Registered
7 Apr 2018
italy
Best answers
Country flag
probably there is enough width to add a flat diorama in the background to include path lighting.
I would just make the faces of the houses and in any case a diorama that can be included in about 6-7 cm of thickness
moreover above the train I have about another 8 cm height to add street lamps or trees
I can not say how long it will take to do this job but I will keep you updated

Last edited:

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
It may be the angle of the picture, but it seems a bit too high

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
It may be the angle of the picture, but it seems a bit too high

Ah, but you don't know what else is going on the walls?? :think::think:

wrighizilla

Registered
7 Apr 2018
italy
Best answers
Country flag
add some news from indoor train railway..

P1250032.jpg

P1250038.jpg

P1250040.jpg

P1250042.jpg

a small video

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Smart looking boat there, anything you can tell us about it?

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Wrighzilla, sorry about the thread drift, with boats and all that rigging, it couldn’t possibly be helped! You are certainly a real master of building models and hopefully a great inspiration for us all

wrighizilla

Registered
7 Apr 2018
italy
Best answers
Country flag
Wrighzilla, sorry about the thread drift, with boats and all that rigging, it couldn’t possibly be helped! You are certainly a real master of building models and hopefully a great inspiration for us all
Anyone can ask me about this locomotive at any time, but the discussion on the BR18 has basically ended, I have no problems talking about boats and I'm happy to share.

I would like to make a brass locomotive suffering from scratch but for now I dedicate myself to my first tram.

returning to the boats and the rigging, the HMS surprise has 2216 "griselle" I do not know what they are called in English .. the nodes of the steps, it took 2 months just to build the ladders and 1 year to finish the whole model.

instead if you like the anchor tugs .. this is the Fairmount Billing Boats, unfortunately a really bad kit.

DSCN8017.jpg

DSCN8011.jpg

Fairmount gallery fairmount sherpa — Postimage.org

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Anyone can ask me about this locomotive at any time, but the discussion on the BR18 has basically ended, I have no problems talking about boats and I'm happy to share.

I would like to make a brass locomotive suffering from scratch but for now I dedicate myself to my first tram.

returning to the boats and the rigging, the HMS surprise has 2216 "griselle" I do not know what they are called in English .. the nodes of the steps, it took 2 months just to build the ladders and 1 year to finish the whole model.

instead if you like the anchor tugs .. this is the Fairmount Billing Boats, unfortunately a really bad kit.

DSCN8017.jpg

DSCN8011.jpg

Fairmount gallery fairmount sherpa — Postimage.org
Billings kits aren't particularly poor, it's just that they tend to be for the lower end of the market. They're good fun to build.

wrighizilla

Registered
7 Apr 2018
italy
Best answers
Country flag
Billings kits aren't particularly poor, it's just that they tend to be for the lower end of the market. They're good fun to build.

unfortunately in my fairmount kit many things was approximate.. laser cut bend lot of degrees and some casting metal missing parts
in any case I built it and I would do it again.

here in the lake

much better the experience with Taloher Altsu Mendi.. a kit that fill the eyes with hundreds of castings

here the gallery

really a not easy boat kit especially to make it radio controlled, it's small and full of metal parts..
it is only 60 cm long, but as you can see, if you study well the weights and the changes to lighten where you need it, you can make it navigate

Last edited:

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Well you've managed to make a fine job of them