North Pilton Works Signal Box

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
I wanted it with windows facing the road, and back to the track - very western, very proper, but Green River shanty town is generally viewed from the side that would be trackside and thus backside
Still thinking :wasntme::wasntme::wasntme::wasntme::wasntme::wasntme::wasntme::wasntme:

Sideways?

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
It is WONDERFUL! I really like it!

I'm still in the progress of painting my wooden sawmill.. A million of parts, or maybe half of that... And I'm painting each part before building...
Yep, that's the alternative approach - I like Titebond 2 as a waterproof wood glue, so you have to go wood /wood, hence the belt /braces / anything else at painting stage :emo::emo::emo:

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Well, the good news is that the Simoniz acrylic clear lacquer (rattle can) seems to work really well - it gives a satin finish, takes to all surfaces (so far) and is far easier to use than Humbrol spray varnishes :nod::nod::nod:

Reactions: 1 user

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Sideways?
I think sideways may do it :)

Then I can park a pickup between the back of the soda cabin and the side of the station building :nod::nod:

Then what about the lovers - having a quick cuddle in the pickup at the moment in a traditional driving lesson arrangement ;););)

Or do they sit and canoodle on the bench outside Sadie's :think::think::think:

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
or up in the hills enjoying the view - if they ever bother to look!

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
or up in the hills enjoying the view - if they ever bother to look!
Oh no, this is Bible belt - Crossways Mission is just across the way - can't be dashing up into the hills together, I'll tell the vicar..........................................

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Just about there now

There's a lump of (artificial) timber just inside the door which will be used to screw it down to the timber platform, then the front door will be glued n place :nod::nod::nod:

PICT0008.JPG PICT0007.JPG

Reactions: 4 users

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
And finally....................>:)>:)>:)>:)

PICT0011.JPG PICT0013.JPG

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Quite impressive... A three-horse town!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

MickyF

Registered
24 Aug 2019
Essex
Best answers
I've now turned my attention to the benches while I watch paint dry :(:(

I've cut them down in height to suit the reduced scale of my buildings and populace :cool::cool:

View attachment 221966
I've nooticed the Titebond you are using. It's great wood glue and I use it making oak furniture with it. But I tested it on some outside bird boxes and they fell apart. There is a better Titebond now that is exterior and waterproof - Titebond 3 Ultimate. The drying time is longer but it's worth it I think.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
That's interesting - Titebond 2 is meant to be exterior, and none of the models that I've used it for have fallen apart yet .................. :mask: :mask:

MickyF

Registered
24 Aug 2019
Essex
Best answers
Fingers crossed then - praps we were just unlucky - we still use 2 for general gluing and will continue to do so. A friend of mine who is a wood expert and tutors at a local college told me about the Ultimate 3.