Best answers
Country flag
IMG_0508.jpg

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers
CoggesRailway said:
Hey steve - just to state the obvious in the name of being kind to fishes - make sure you wood preserve the harbour well before you put it in place - assuming it goes on a pond with fish that is! BTW cheque should be in post tomorrow....
:D yes will do as i didnt know tht i didnt put wood pervseve it!! lucky tht i ave no fishes in!

yr item is going to be wrapped up with one free surprised in it..;)
lucky tht i didnt realised when my 2o tonner went around the tracks while i sort out the harbour and i nearly knock tht loco over just near went to the pond:-

what if knock over and fell in the pond:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:...it wont work at all.....got aa insurance for layouts!!:clap:

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers
hi so this my harbour tht i kitbashing yrs ago and it was now not good due of brittle wood strips and aslo scappy wood so i did took it off and start doing properley;) and then put somewhere in the pond.so it will replaced into normal and row of rockerys:clap:..will send picture tmw as it DARK !:rofl:

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
nico -i thought this station was actually very close in overall shape to yours, board and batton, NO corbels _its newer_, offset chimney, business like mineral red

nico

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Ireland
nslrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
some more repair done,got the splits sealed and added wood to the bottom,in the second picture it shows where i then sealed with a mix of sawdust and glue
7f9a020b398d4c41b8d4c233383389d8.jpg

7cae32d0ec6b4af287744e0896f9fe5d.jpg

nico

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Ireland
nslrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
got some cans of paint in lidl and was wondering has anybody used them on buildings or stock and were you happy with the results
5315d98ee2284b3792368e2b40508a36.jpg

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
.. sawdust & glue - you're not in ther antiques business by any chance?:rofl:

With regards to the Lidl spray paints, I've no experience of the laquer (I was going to buy sone then I thought it might be too glossy for I wanted), but I have used their other spray paints both on a heated towel rail and the spare wheel bracket on the back of the car - both items weather well after a couple of years.

As I type this, I'm waiting for the first coat to dry (refurbing the microwave where the turntable ring has worn the oven bottom). Good stuff but just check its suitablility for particular plastics - you might need a primer.

Mick

nico

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Ireland
nslrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
trammayo said:
.. sawdust & glue - you're not in ther antiques business by any chance?:rofl:

With regards to the Lidl spray paints, I've no experience of the laquer (I was going to buy sone then I thought it might be too glossy for I wanted), but I have used their other spray paints both on a heated towel rail and the spare wheel bracket on the back of the car - both items weather well after a couple of years.

As I type this, I'm waiting for the first coat to dry (refurbing the microwave where the turntable ring has worn the oven bottom). Good stuff but just check its suitablility for particular plastics - you might need a primer.

Mick
or Second hand car repairs :rofl::rofl::rofl:

nico

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Ireland
nslrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
some more work done on the station,painting done and new roof on .just need to trim the felt and make some kind of chimney.im think oof some kind of metal round chimney ? your thoughts ?:D not a great picture to much flash8|
a42cc57f3af5498db70c9aed69345075.jpg

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Nice work Nico :clap: does look alot better in a darker colour your find it won't look so dirtyin bad weather .

nico

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Ireland
nslrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
Now to round off this thread heres the station back in place,thanks everybody for your input it was much appreciated:clap:
03ed2b8f91a748e88f60bfb6da81f704.jpg

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
That looks great Nico a job well done :D

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Looks good in the garden Nico - and the colour suits it well too.