N S L R Railway Station repair

nico

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Ireland
nslrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
Brought in my station today to have a look at it ,its in a bad need of repair as you can see from the photos the waterproof wood has split where it touched the concrete slab it had a coat of silicone but the area it was in is very damp the outside needs a new paint scheme ideas for colors are welcome once again as it looks to much like a west of Ireland cottage ,what i am looking for is American:D
78611cc942f44b24876f812e414dd684.jpg

I will begin the repair of the walls by clamping them back into shape while their still damp so they wont crackand leave it to dry 8| this could take a while:(:( i will update you on the progress fingers crossed.
heres a picture of the damage:(:(:timeout::wits::banghead:
6618b7e0772d40bcbc52d75a7aff5b08.jpg

repair begins:admire:
ead06b36224b4a478c9382ad926810b6.jpg

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers
what a LOADS of anger clamps!! lol...wow..so hw long have u been usin this outdoor for ? yes same as me my covered bridge were badly damp and wear out due of long freezing and snowin aslo rainin..

need repair it.
hw many building outdoor nico?

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
yes it does mate...i have them before so i use metal old time clamps but they are good but bloomin heavy so need plastic one like nico anger CLAMPS.

NICO...wow 3 yrs outdoor for these building.

nico

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Ireland
nslrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
steven large said:
yes it does mate...i have them before so i use metal old time clamps but they are good but bloomin heavy so need plastic one like nico anger CLAMPS.

NICO...wow 3 yrs outdoor for these building.
more like 2 1/2:D i think this winter realy damaged them8|

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
We can clearly see what every one got you for Christmas Nico :rofl:
I would go for a yellow / brown paint scheme to fit in with your K-27
e76fc56bb6304bd08a35893112b7d55b.jpg

bfa16e25776d48fca829afb5351dc3cd.jpg

nico

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Ireland
nslrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
Richie said:
We can clearly see what every one got you for Christmas Nico :rofl:
I would go for a yellow / brown paint scheme to fit in with your K-27
images

images
richie your a star:clap: that looks great,:D
are you talking about my lovely hair drier:rofl::rofl:

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
awesome richie..glad u help nico.kool so anyway i loves the photos where the lamp is standing on the platform so where did u get that? coz i was looking for AGES!!

Richie

24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
steven large said:
awesome richie..glad u help nico.kool so anyway i loves the photos where the lamp is standing on the platform so where did u get that? coz i was looking for AGES!!

Hi Steven
Got the lights from Chalk Garden Rail about six years ago i think they were made by Busch came in a pack of two colour brown or green my ones were brown painted black .

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Nico, I fit my buildings with dome headed screws underneath, which keeps the building 1mm or so off the slab and allows damp to escape and the air to circulate.

You can't see the gap and this method had worked well for me for a few years....

nico

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Ireland
nslrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
Gizzy said:
Nico, I fit my buildings with dome headed screws underneath, which keeps the building 1mm or so off the slab and allows damp to escape and the air to circulate.

You can't see the gap and this method had worked well for me for a few years....
Is there a danger of strong winds lifting the building??

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
nico said:
Gizzy said:

Is there a danger of strong winds lifting the building??
Never been a problem where I live Nico, as our garden is very sheltered.

Might be an issue in Ireland though, but I guess you could put a blob of silicon on each screw head if you need to fix it to your slab?

Richie

24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
nico said:
Richie whats the building Piko??? kit?
Hi Nico
It's home made built from wood modeled on a Pola kit couldn't afford to spend over a £100 so built one from marine ply covered in wooden strips cost me around £25 to build also built a water tank based on a Pola kit too .

nico

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Ireland
nslrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
Richie said:
nico said:
Hi Nico
It's home made built from wood modeled on a Pola kit couldn't afford to spend over a £100 so built one from marine ply covered in wooden strips cost me around £25 to build also built a water tank based on a Pola kit too .
fantastic Richie ,any pics of water tank i am planning on making one

Richie

24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
nico said:
Richie said:
nico said:
Hi Nico
fantastic Richie ,any pics of water tank i am planning on making one
Hi Nico
Heres a few pics of my water tank been out in the garden several years now all made from wood held together with glue and nuts & bolts .
883617b76ac646dbab25164dadcc4181.jpg

c1a06d4be808442584363833904f3dfa.jpg