Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
The answer is in the first two photos of Henri's earlier thread - LGB 2078 Corpet Louvet questions - G Scale Central
All the best
David

Aha! Henri has the 'oddity' model with 39 on the front and 51 on the sides. Only some of the green ones were made like that. They usually have 51 on the front as well as the sides.
David's black one has a spelling mistake on the number plate. It is printed 'CHEMINS DE FER ECONMIQUES' but should be 'CHEMINS DE FER ECONOMIQUES'.

CorpetLouvetLGB_BlackPlate_5819.JPG

Corpet-Louvet - Wikipedia

Anyhoo. I like these little French locomotives a lot. :nod: Ne bouge pas papa. Le monsieur prend une photo!

INCONNU_-_DON_-_L%27Arriv%C3%A9e_du_Tramway.jpg

Last edited:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Not sure thats a factory fitted switch, the left hand hole dosnt look factory drilled and the switch face looks a bit big but i may be wrong.
Well these locomotives do have them, this is the view of my switch on my 2078. Not so easily visible as I have the original rear bunker type plate that Henri did not get when he bought his. By the way mine has 51 sides and front. So he has a rare one?
image.jpg

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
When I stripped down my red Corpit in order to spray it black, I took the opportunity to paint the interior of the cab cream, which eventually will be standard across the Claptowte Railway loco roster. Looking at the photo, I guess i'll have to paint those shiny screws black, to try and lose them.

dig 200518001.JPG

David

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
When I stripped down my red Corpit in order to spray it black, I took the opportunity to paint the interior of the cab cream, which eventually will be standard across the Claptowte Railway loco roster. Looking at the photo, I guess i'll have to paint those shiny screws black, to try and lose them.

View attachment 266585

David
Another thing that always grates with me is those bright gold colored operating wheels, certainly worthwhile toning them down some. Must do it on mine as well!

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Well these locomotives do have them, this is the view of my switch on my 2078. Not so easily visible as I have the original rear bunker type plate that Henri did not get when he bought his. By the way mine has 51 sides and front. So he has a rare one?

Dunnyrail, The green ones with the different number on the front are not really rare as such. You do often see them around. I don't think it effects their value but having an example of LGBs blunder is a good talking piece to proudly own. :)

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Deleted