Most Durable Recessed Track

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
OR...

Raise bridge / lower track. Make bridge longer to bridge the track, as well as the ditch?
:)

Reactions: 1 user

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
But make this section removable, and could be replaced by a plank.
I like that concept. ALternatively, I've seen several places where the tracks were in concrete and that works too -though maybe not in Maine.

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Here are the pics of the Split-Jaw product. It's made from 5/8" thick Black PVC. It's a well made very sturdy product. I don't know if anybody took over their operation.
Split-Jaw Crossing - 1 _2_.jpg Split-Jaw Crossing - 1.jpg Split-Jaw Crossing - 1 _1_.jpg Split-Jaw Crossing - 1 _3_.jpg Split-Jaw Crossing - 1 _4_.jpg

Looking back in the cold light of day Dan's idea in post#7 is close to this.

Last edited:

3Bird

Registered
11 Dec 2019
Maine, USA
Best answers
Split-Jaw used to make just what you are looking for in custom lengths. Laid on one to two feet of gravel/paver base it would be perfect. Too bad they're out of business. I just got back from the pub so can't give you a pic but will tomorrow (actually later today). It might give you some ideas. I've got a 1.2m piece in the garage. Maybe you could recreate something similar with a 1.5m piece of flex track and casting resin. Pics to follow. By the way, nice Kubota!
Thank you!

3Bird

Registered
11 Dec 2019
Maine, USA
Best answers

3Bird

Registered
11 Dec 2019
Maine, USA
Best answers
A few other things I've come across that I'll add to this thread for others in the future:

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Probably a bit unsightly, but have you looked at the plastic ramps that is used to run cables through on road works or temporary traffic lights? The cable tray may be large enough for 45mm track, and it comes with a fixed cover

3Bird

Registered
11 Dec 2019
Maine, USA
Best answers
Probably a bit unsightly, but have you looked at the plastic ramps that is used to run cables through on road works or temporary traffic lights? The cable tray may be large enough for 45mm track, and it comes with a fixed cover
That's an interesting idea!