Ml-train dcc system

AustrianNG

Director of my railway
16 Sep 2015
Wirral
Best answers
Country flag
Part of an email from one of my German friends...

After starting the control centre, switch on the WLANMAUS. Then under Settings ➔ Reset ➔ System settings, the mouse is reset once, then restarted and guided through the guide.

Select the network mXion MZSpro and type in the password, the display always shows capital letters, but ONLY if there is an arrow in the display (shift key).

Password is MDELEC1207 (switch off Shift again for numbers, arrow goes away. The arrow can be seen at the bottom right next to ABC!).

**Then the WLANMAUS connects to the control centre, the pause symbol and the double arrows flash after the connection.**

Then you have to change the IP to 192.168.111.111 under Settings ➔ WLAN ➔ Z21-IP address. Then everything works as expected. If the control centre has been switched off, the mouse also has to be switched off, the mouse does not like it when the WLAN breaks down and then comes back.

Therefore, it is better to restart the mouse when restarting the control centre.

Thank you for your efforts.
I have followed that process - could it be that the MD mXion central station has a different IP address to a Roco/Fleischmann Z21 central station though ?

The Shed

Citizen of the Republic of the North East.
8 Mar 2020
Darlington, County Durham.
Country
England
Best answers
Hmm...have to have another read of the documentation.
I'll drop another email to my pal, I know we had all sorts grief when I was over visiting to sort it out, eventually we did get it all to gel together many moons ago, well last September, memory fade and all that, pity you are not closer, otherwise I'd suggest calling in.....

Just to confirm it is this set

Last edited:

The Shed

Citizen of the Republic of the North East.
8 Mar 2020
Darlington, County Durham.
Country
England
Best answers
Thank you for your efforts.I have followed that process - could it be that the MD mXion central station has a different IP address to a Roco/Fleischmann Z21 central station though ?

The MD central station is set to 192.168.0.111, this is it's network address, it appears that the Z21 is looking for a connection to a central station on 192.168.111.111, which it wont find.

To confirm this, by using a computer or a mobile phone with the Z21 app on it, to connect to the mXion MZSpro, (SSID) and the correct password, if they both connect, then the Z21 needs to be changed to look for the correct address of the MD unit which is on 192.168.0.111.

The Z21 app, default standard Z21 IP address from the app is 192.168.0.111, which matches the IP address for the MD CS.

The documentation is somewhat confusing, as it refers to both the earlier older original version of the documentation on the Z21 and the new version of the documentation of the MD and Z21 app , the result of a couple of phone calls, with the view to re writing the documentation for clearer instructions, that matches the relevant documentation.

Now have read and re read NINE different sets of documentation for this setup, and in their own way they are all correct, the confusion lies with being supplied with correct equipment in the first instance for the correct implementation.

Part of the issue appears to be the bundling of TWO different and independently supplied pieces of Wi-Fi equipment, with the correct instructions for an equally different piece of equipment, which is not at all helpful when trying to configure all the pieces to work together.

Z21.png

Z21 CS.PNG
WLANmaus.PNG

Z21 LAN.png

Browser.PNG

Last edited:

AustrianNG

Director of my railway
16 Sep 2015
Wirral
Best answers
Country flag
Hmm...have to have another read of the documentation.
I'll drop another email to my pal, I know we had all sorts grief when I was over visiting to sort it out, eventually we did get it all to gel together many moons ago, well last September, memory fade and all that, pity you are not closer, otherwise I'd suggest calling in.....

Just to confirm it is this set

Its not that set -it’s the next one up with the WiFi aerial at the back of the central station.

wandgrudd

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Paul have you tried emailing Marius (owner of MD-Eletronics) for help, seems a helpful chap from the contact I have had with him (info@md-electronics.de) posts a number of videos on youtube etc.

AustrianNG

Director of my railway
16 Sep 2015
Wirral
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the replies guys.
I will take this further tomorrow when I have some spare time.
Regards
Paul

laney

Model Rail
2 Feb 2010
Welsh Valleys, near Newport
Best answers
Thanks for the replies guys.
I will take this further tomorrow when I have some spare time.
Regards
Paul
Hi all,
Sorry but I've not been on line for a while to read this thread.
Did have problems getting mine set up, which stemmed from inputting the password correctly.
The minimaus screen always displays as caps never lowercase. The password however HAS to be in caps so make sure you input the password correctly.
As for the IP address I just did the renumbering as per the instructions and it's worked fine since.
Only problems I've had since is that the system doesn't support analogue locos with address 0. So had to order more decoders and strip out a couple of old locos

AustrianNG

Director of my railway
16 Sep 2015
Wirral
Best answers
Country flag
I need to spend some time on this to input the info again. On the face of it it would seem it is the IP address which is the problem as the aerial symbol indicates that the handset is communicating with both the central station and the WiFi

however a complete factory reset and input session should hopefully clear this up.
Thanks again
Paul

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
I'm still keen to understand how you program CV with this setup. I understand you can use POM (programming on main) but it doesn't seem to have programming track / service mode. Has anyone who has one of these tried reading and writing CVs? Thanks,

laney

Model Rail
2 Feb 2010
Welsh Valleys, near Newport
Best answers
I need to spend some time on this to input the info again. On the face of it it would seem it is the IP address which is the problem as the aerial symbol indicates that the handset is communicating with both the central station and the WiFi

however a complete factory reset and input session should hopefully clear this up.
Thanks again
Paul
Sounds like the problem I had. Make sure you input the password as caps. Then go through the IP address thingy.

AustrianNG

Director of my railway
16 Sep 2015
Wirral
Best answers
Country flag
I'm still keen to understand how you program CV with this setup. I understand you can use POM (programming on main) but it doesn't seem to have programming track / service mode. Has anyone who has one of these tried reading and writing CVs? Thanks,

I sorted mine out last night (i have been away for a while so was first chance I had).

Dave - you could always just connect it to your programming track if you wanted to program away from your main line.

BTW
This ML set up allows for up to 1000 locos to be stored in the library but I just use numbers 1 - 99 seeing as I only have 40 odd locos

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Dave - you could always just connect it to your programming track if you wanted to program away from your main line...
Thanks Paul. If I understand correctly you are saying the system provides for service mode / programming track but it doesn't have separate programming track output connections. So you would need a DPDT switch or similar to divert the output to a separate programming track so that you don't accidentally re-program all the locos on the main track.

AustrianNG

Director of my railway
16 Sep 2015
Wirral
Best answers
Country flag
As I understand it you can reprogram any cv you like but as you say if it is POM take all locos off the track before you program the one you want or yes fit a DPDT switch.

On the face of it though, this system is a very cost effective digital control with wireless handset and 8 amps at your disposal.