Massoth Reverse Loop Module Sensor Track

adamski

Registered
14 Jul 2016
kent
Best answers
Country flag
Good afternoon all

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a small problem. Since I purchased the reverse loop module many years ago I have lost the small section of track that come with the module which are used for the sensor section. I know I can cut up some old track to make them but was wondering do the have to be a certain size? or does it not matter from photo on the internet they look like they are around 20mm in length? If any body has these if they could measure them or tell me the correct size I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Adam

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
just measured mine they are 25mm Long one inch near enough :)

adamski

Registered
14 Jul 2016
kent
Best answers
Country flag
Thank you very much for your answers, heading to my workshop now to cut up some old track

adam

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
One of my sensors is a LGB 10040 41mm makeup section with metal joiners removed. The metal joiners of the mating track sections on both sides were also removed. The track sections were joined by four Massoth insulated joiners (same as are included with both the LGB and Massoth reverse loop modules). It works just fine.

Phil S.

Edit: added image to test uploading pics - I had trouble during the server changover.
sensor - 1.jpg

Last edited:

adamski

Registered
14 Jul 2016
kent
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for all the help, I have just one more question about the diodes, are they required ? and if so what size and value are they? as believe mine are missing and cant find any info on them via massoths web site or by looking at pictures of them.

Many thanks
Adam

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
The diodes are:

BZX55 13 V / 0,5W DO35

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
If the zener is to just limit the voltage to the unit, then 13 volts might make sense, all depends on the circuit.

I thought at first they were just to detect polarity, but perhaps the circuit does than AND limits the voltage to 13 at the same time...

I'll be quiet, muns showed the part number, he must know.

Greg

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
The part no was provided to me by Peter Ting after an explicit request some time ago....

Am 15.05.2013 17:18, schrieb Customer Services, Garden Rail Outlet:

Hi Mark,

it's a BZX55 13 V / 0,5W DO35

Best regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

What diodes are supplied with the reverse loop module?

Mark.

--
Hotline
Massoth Elektronik GmbH
Frankensteiner Str. 28