Moved

Last edited by a moderator:

LVT

Analogue automated LGB Euro on 4 loops
24 Oct 2009
Near Atlantic City NJ USA
Best answers
Country flag
Obtain some of these, Turned Pin SIL Sockets 2.54mm - Great for Arduino -Various ways/packs -UK Seller | eBay, from
an USA or Far Eastern supplier, snap a block of two off to then make this. Simples! :)

View attachment 247338

These are from the German supplier, Steck-Lampenfassung 10 Stück ML-Train 83501007 similar to your Trainli at 2-pin socket or try here at AllAboutLGB: A Factory authorized Massoth Electronics USA dealer, bottom of the page.

If you could use a socket with wires attached, a .1 inch spaced 2 pin header connector works very well, available at All Electronics (Con-242) or eBay. PM me if further info needed.

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
AllAboutLGB.com has them in stock according to their Website. $15.90 + S&H per 10 pack. You might see some other goodies there too while you're looking! I think they're in your neck-of-the-woods if you want to check them out in person. I've had very positive interactions with and highly recommend them.

Phil S.

Last edited:

Distrackted

Registered
16 Apr 2017
Swansea, UKE
Best answers
Country flag
AllAboutLGB.com has them in stock according to their Website. $15.90 + S&H per 10 pack. You might see some other goodies there too while you're looking! I think they're in your neck-of-the-woods if you want to check them out in person. I've had very positive interactions with and highly recommend them.

Phil S.
Train Li also shows a similar item on their website (www.trainli.com). TrainLine™ 2-pin socket (5 pcs). They are also really great to deal with.

BakerJohn

Baker, Modeler, Flour Ambassador
3 Feb 2018
West Warwick, RI
leedshillrailroad.weebly.com
Best answers
Train Li also shows a similar item on their website (www.trainli.com). TrainLine™ 2-pin socket (5 pcs). They are also really great to deal with.
I did find them there, thank you! I'd hate to buy just one thing (and it's so small!), but I may need to if I cannot find the other lanterns I'm looking for. (This plan is very fluid and it keeps changing!)

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Do you want these as part of a 'lamp' you are making, rather than just to connect-in your LED's?

Might have some other ideas if for a lamp.. What ideas do you have?

Dan

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Eastern MA, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Sometimes the led leads are too small to 'lock" in the socket. I place a bend in the wire leads to make them more secure in the socket.

BakerJohn

Baker, Modeler, Flour Ambassador
3 Feb 2018
West Warwick, RI
leedshillrailroad.weebly.com
Best answers
Thanks, Dan.

Phil, I'm looking at making these out of the lamps that were a part of the original model. (However I really liked the lantern on the consist in Casey's photo today as well. ) But these are for if I use the fake lamps that I can modify.