5 Nov 2017
Exeter, Devon, UK
Last edited:
LVT

LVT

Analogue automated LGB Euro on 4 loops
24 Oct 2009
Near Atlantic City NJ USA
Obtain some of these, Turned Pin SIL Sockets 2.54mm - Great for Arduino -Various ways/packs -UK Seller | eBay, from
an USA or Far Eastern supplier, snap a block of two off to then make this. Simples! :)

View attachment 247338

These are from the German supplier, Steck-Lampenfassung 10 Stück ML-Train 83501007 similar to your Trainli at 2-pin socket or try here at AllAboutLGB: A Factory authorized Massoth Electronics USA dealer, bottom of the page.
If you could use a socket with wires attached, a .1 inch spaced 2 pin header connector works very well, available at All Electronics (Con-242) or eBay. PM me if further info needed.

P

phils2um

Registered
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
AllAboutLGB.com has them in stock according to their Website. $15.90 + S&H per 10 pack. You might see some other goodies there too while you're looking! I think they're in your neck-of-the-woods if you want to check them out in person. I've had very positive interactions with and highly recommend them.

Phil S.

Last edited:
D

Distrackted

Registered
16 Apr 2017
Swansea, UKE
AllAboutLGB.com has them in stock according to their Website. $15.90 + S&H per 10 pack. You might see some other goodies there too while you're looking! I think they're in your neck-of-the-woods if you want to check them out in person. I've had very positive interactions with and highly recommend them.

Phil S.
Train Li also shows a similar item on their website (www.trainli.com). TrainLine™ 2-pin socket (5 pcs). They are also really great to deal with.

BakerJohn

BakerJohn

Baker, Modeler, Flour Ambassador
Train Li also shows a similar item on their website (www.trainli.com). TrainLine™ 2-pin socket (5 pcs). They are also really great to deal with.
I did find them there, thank you! I'd hate to buy just one thing (and it's so small!), but I may need to if I cannot find the other lanterns I'm looking for. (This plan is very fluid and it keeps changing!)

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Do you want these as part of a 'lamp' you are making, rather than just to connect-in your LED's?

Might have some other ideas if for a lamp.. What ideas do you have?

D

Dan

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Eastern MA
Sometimes the led leads are too small to 'lock" in the socket. I place a bend in the wire leads to make them more secure in the socket.

BakerJohn

BakerJohn

Baker, Modeler, Flour Ambassador
Thanks, Dan.

Phil, I'm looking at making these out of the lamps that were a part of the original model. (However I really liked the lantern on the consist in Casey's photo today as well. ) But these are for if I use the fake lamps that I can modify.