Marklin Cs3

Ed@mistyvalley

Registered
30 Jul 2021
Driffield
Best answers
Country flag
Latest update lost LGB loco icons, but still showed on tablet. After re installing them on cs3, they've vanished off tablet. I've deleted and reinstalled main station app and still no LGB icons on tablet. Any cures please.

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I lost most of the registered LGB loco icons with the latest CS3 update, v. 2.3.1(8) too! It was because most of the icons were moved to a new "LGB" subfolder in the "lokicons" folder to make them easier, supposedly, for users to find. The result was the link to the pics was lost. I had to use the "Edit Locos" function and click on the ??? to navigate to and restore the pics. I don't use the Mainstation App, so am not sure what you need to do to get them back on your tablet. I suggest closing out the app, re-boot the CS3 (after the icons are restored), than open the Mainstation app again to see if that works.

Failing that, try out the web browser based Control app. If you do use the web browser app, set your tablet or phone to "Request Desktop Website", otherwise the browser app may not screen update properly. I found this out when I was trying anything I could think of to fix the screen update problem I was having on my iphone. Requesting the desktop website seems to have fixed the problem.

Last edited:

duncan1_9_8_4

Jack of all trades on the Railway
25 Oct 2009
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Best answers
Country flag
Latest update lost LGB loco icons, but still showed on tablet. After re installing them on cs3, they've vanished off tablet. I've deleted and reinstalled main station app and still no LGB icons on tablet. Any cures please.
Exactly the same as mine has done. Still don't have pictures on phone app now.

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I've got the Mobile Station app on my iphone. It's screwed up too. It is no longer supported by Märklin. So it is time to migrate over to the web browser based control. The latest CS3 English language start-up guide instructions give good instructions on page 26 of what to do. https://streaming.maerklin.de/public-media/anleitungen/CS3_Manual_EN_final-lo.pdf

Edit added: I just found out about this a few days ago on the marklin-users.net community | Home site. It is a very useful and up to date "User Tutorial" for the CS3 running software version 2.

Last edited:

duncan1_9_8_4

Jack of all trades on the Railway
25 Oct 2009
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Best answers
Country flag
Seeing how I get on with the web based version. First impressions, very clunky. Time will tell, but I have my pictures back. Screenshot_20210822_183004_com.huawei.android.launcher_edit_78605125349984.jpg

Ed@mistyvalley

Registered
30 Jul 2021
Driffield
Best answers
Country flag
Thank you, I'll have a play when I've got a few minutes. Marklin like Microsoft need to stop messing and make sure what is not a cheap product works and works properly. Double headed doesn't work on tablet either.

Reactions: 1 user

OBBherr

Registered
17 Aug 2016
Hampshire, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Just updated to 2.4.0 and had the same problem, but compounded by another, worse, problem. When I look in the LGB folder icons that were there have gone. Just looking at the U Class, of which I have three, all that is on offer is Zillertal U2. No sign of anything else including the OBB 298.56 that was there previously. There is one Ge 6/6 I in red, but not the green, even though both are new production mfx. Why are they deleting icons, it's not taking up much space on their servers.

It looks as if I can upload from an SD card but can anyone advise where I can access some icons in .png format. I know it's possoble to use one's own photos but I wouldn't know how to create a .png from a photograph.

Any help appreciated.

OBBherr

Registered
17 Aug 2016
Hampshire, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Update; I just found the Maerklin Club videowhich shows how to upload my own photos, including conversion to .png.

Still any advice appreciated.

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
You do not need to convert the photo to a .png. The CS3 will do it for you. You should save the picture with a name you want to use as a low resolution jpeg on your desktop. Making it low res will save a lot of memory! Then connect to your CS3 using your browser and select "Uploading" under the "Locomotive Images" dropdown menu. A box will appear into which you can drag and drop the image from your desktopScreen Shot 2022-03-22 at 1.17.12 AM.png

After you drop the image in the box there is a very rudimentary editor to help select what part of the image your want to use.

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 1.17.59 AM.png

What's inside the blue box is what is saved. You can zoom out or in and shift the image to get what you want. Clicking on the eyeball lets you preview what the finished image will look like. Then click on the "Uploading" button.

You can verify the image is there by checking the images in the "Locomotive Images" dropdown item "Overview".

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 1.23.28 AM.png

Could not be much easier!

Once the image is there it can be selected like any other image by clicking in the image area of loco when in "Edit Locos".

Edit added to mention image preview before saving.

Last edited:

OBBherr

Registered
17 Aug 2016
Hampshire, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Phil, many thanks. Sounds like a solution. I still understand why they need to remove imgaes that were there before!

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I agree. I don't know why they removed the Green Ge 6/6 II image and have failed to put it back. I think someone at Märklin screwed up when they were moving images into the LGB sub-directory. I was using the SSB Re 6/6 image until your post #7. Yesterday I took a pic of my Ge 6/6 II and uploaded it my CS3. It's by no means a professional or even talented amateur image but you're welcome to use it.

RhB Ge 6-6 II No. 707 - 1.jpeg

OBBherr

Registered
17 Aug 2016
Hampshire, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Phil, that's very kind. Much appreciated.