looking for a builder to make a London Underground Battery Electric Locomotive

Charlie11Amos

Registered
7 Sep 2023
united kingdome
Best answers
Country flag
Good Afternoon I am wondering if there is anyone who builds custom recuse im looking two Train's being built the London Underground Battery Electric Locomotive and a
class 484?1200px-Ltmd-1938batteryloco-01.jpgNew-Class-484-Island-Line-train.jpg

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Charlie, I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction, but to be honest you may want to ask a G1 or O gauge forum

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
A very niche market. What scale and gauge ? There are some mainstream products in OO made by Bachmann.and EFE. There are some 3D printed items of tube stock appearing on the market - see ebay - find out if the makers will be willing to scale to your needs but you will be looking to pay ££££££'s, especially if a commissioned design. In the past there were OO models of the battery locos you want made by Harrow Models, in white metal, I had one of those. Company is long gone but somebody might have picked up their tooling. You might want to ask the LT museum's curators/commercial dept' at the Depot at Acton Town. Max

Flying15

Registered
12 May 2015
London
Best answers
Country flag
A very niche market. What scale and gauge ? There are some mainstream products in OO made by Bachmann.and EFE. There are some 3D printed items of tube stock appearing on the market - see ebay - find out if the makers will be willing to scale to your needs but you will be looking to pay ££££££'s, especially if a commissioned design. In the past there were OO models of the battery locos you want made by Harrow Models, in white metal, I had one of those. Company is long gone but somebody might have picked up their tooling. You might want to ask the LT museum's curators/commercial dept' at the Depot at Acton Town. Max
For 4mm LT stuff Radley Models who are I think at Ringwood in Hampshire, I believe they’ve picked up most of the Harrow models stuff

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
What scale and gauge ?
As we pointed Charlie to G Scale Central, you can be assured he's interested in 45mm, and we established he will need std gauge so 1/32nd scale.

I would think that an existing 3D model could be scaled up to 1/32nd? Might have to be printed in several pieces!

maxi-model

27 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
For 4mm LT stuff Radley Models who are I think at Ringwood in Hampshire, I believe they’ve picked up most of the Harrow models stuff
Ringwood sadly not presently operational, the owner died in 2022. However the are some people trying to get it restarted. However,take a look here, bit crude, don't know the provenance. Big Met London Underground Train Model | eBay & London Underground model train set - Google Search
Seem to have done the Met A60 & 38(ish) tube stock. It's a start. Max

As it started life, the one in the LT museum depot

6523139535_6ac93ac20a_b.jpg

I took a little ride on the '38 a year ago. It's out running today

Last edited:

maxi-model

27 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
As we pointed Charlie to G Scale Central, you can be assured he's interested in 45mm, and we established he will need std gauge so 1/32nd scale.

I would think that an existing 3D model could be scaled up to 1/32nd? Might have to be printed in several pieces!

Who pointed from where ? And who is/are we ? Old adage I try to (mostly) keep to - Do not assume as to do so will make an ASS of U and ME. That is all, Max

James M

Registered
5 Feb 2017
Essex
Best answers
Country flag
There’s a brand called Raylo who do some ready to run LT in O gauge, including the tube size battery engineers locos. They are 3 rail.