LGB55015p Loco number change

Dinas Bryn

Registered
13 Mar 2010
Best answers
Afternoon, no doubt a simple thing to do BUT having already burnt out 1 controller and now trying with a new one I am still not clear. On 58 of the hand book it says the display would be P- I have got that but how do I get it to page 58/59 showing C--. the other one did do that. Help please as I don't want to burn out another one Les

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Wilts Drifting toward the RhB,plate tectonics rock
Best answers
Country flag
Going by the booklet page numbers not the pdf off the website.

Ok had a better look and you will only get C _ _ when you have the programming insert in place. Wire it up as shown on page 58 and check before plugging it into the mains.

Then follow instructions on page 60.

Picture on page 61 of what it should look like.
To run trains you have to take the programming insert out again and put in the normal one again.

Dinas Bryn

Registered
13 Mar 2010
Best answers
Thanks for that, I didn't place a loco on the track, I assume it looks for the chip? am I right? I will have another go to-morrow. I can't take too much excitement in one day and I don't want to burn another one out Les

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Buckley NR MOLD NORTH WALES
Best answers
Les,
when you say you didnt put loco on track do you mean a specific piece of track connected to the programming module ( the one with the 4 wires white green brown yellow) ie programming track?

Or do you mean the Whole Railway??

If you connect the prog . module up to the whole railway then make sure no other locos are on the track apart from the one you are dealing with or they will all be programmed identically!!!

Good this digital isnt it!!

Dinas Bryn

Registered
13 Mar 2010
Best answers
Hi Steve, I put the wires to a piece of track only, I burnt the other one cauce I put the wrong wires in and had smoke!!! thanks Les

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Wilts Drifting toward the RhB,plate tectonics rock
Best answers
Country flag
Dinas Bryn said:
I didn't place a loco on the track, I assume it looks for the chip? am I right?

Yep it does and that's also why the decoder equipped coaches don't always get detected as the lights only don't provide enough load, needs a motor.

Thing with the wiring is check again once wired up. I use the pc programming module and I've wired it up through a switchbox so I can quickly flip to track power to test things without risking putting a DC or DCC output straight into the programming module. Might be worth having a plank with a program track on and the module wired onto it so you don't risk crossed wires again.

As above, good this digital innit!

Dinas Bryn

Registered
13 Mar 2010
Best answers
Afternoon all, I have done as fig 6, put loco on still only get P pressing numbers I get P1/2 etc NOT C- I tried NO55016 this didn't light up. Both controllers work on trains ok. I have got a pc kit but it is no use for this old fart. I will make up a board thats for that. Any ideas? Les

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Dinas Bryn said:
Afternoon all, I have done as fig 6, put loco on still only get P pressing numbers I get P1/2 etc NOT C- I tried NO55016 this didn't light up. Both controllers work on trains ok. I have got a pc kit but it is no use for this old fart. I will make up a board thats for that. Any ideas? Les

Don't wish to disillusion you Les, but I never had any success with them

Dinas Bryn

Registered
13 Mar 2010
Best answers
Hi Phil that's why I bought the item your having, it does everything BUT is beyond me Les