LGB Locos

tidswell.family

Registered
5 Jul 2019
Guildford
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Everyone
LGB have made so many different versions of locos (sound, steam, different liveries), does anyone know if there is a website which has a list of all the different locos produced? Even better if it is a list with pictures and a summary description (eg sound / no sound / smoke, etc).

Many thanks!

tidswell.family

Registered
5 Jul 2019
Guildford
Best answers
Country flag
Reactions: 1 user

tidswell.family

Registered
5 Jul 2019
Guildford
Best answers
Country flag
This doesn't go all the way back but it's got a lot of info in it, LGB Publications 2007-2020
Hi, Thank you for sending the link - there's an astonishing number of publications. I can't seem to download them as a Dutch website appears to offer me the domain name when I try to follow the instructions to download a document.

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Hi, Thank you for sending the link - there's an astonishing number of publications. I can't seem to download them as a Dutch website appears to offer me the domain name when I try to follow the instructions to download a document.
Some of them work some don't, they are hosted on different domains and whoever owns them has not renewed the domain. For example the 2007 catalog was hosted on gscalenews.com which disappeared a few years back but the 2008 catalogs are hosted on the lgb-trains site itself or champex-linden. If you put your cursor over the download icon and it shows gscalenews.com then it won't work, others probably will.

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
www.olddominionrailways.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Tidswell Family - I hadn't been on this particular large scale forum for a while and saw you posting from last July. I highly recommend you buy the "LOK" hardback book published in Italy by a couple of folks who catalogued all the LGB locomotives starting with the first LGB Stainz produced in 1968 and onward through 2013; they also published a 2014 supplement softback pamphlet for the additional locomotives produced by LGB/Marklin that year. I sent the authors an email a few months ago whether they intend to publish any additional supplements and the response was no, there's adequate information online about the LGB/Marklin produced locomotives since 2014. The "LOK" book is super and I consult it frequently during dealings with my customers.......I'm an Authorized LGB Service Center, LGB Dealer and repair and install DCC/DC sound decoders into only LGB locomotives. Some of the information isn't always totally accurate, consult the German GartenBahn.com database for more detailed and accurate information. But for a quick and dirty collections of almost all the LGB locomotives produced over the last 50 years with basic production timeframes, features, and very nice photos of LGB locomotives, buy the "LOK" book! I bought mine from another LGB Dealer who had an excellent $65 pric e for their last one in stock; it's currently available on Amazon.com here in the USA for $71.62 with $30 shipping from Italy I think. Since you're located in England, you should be able to get the shipping much cheaper that us here in the USA.
Tom

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Some of them work some don't, they are hosted on different domains and whoever owns them has not renewed the domain. For example the 2007 catalog was hosted on gscalenews.com which disappeared a few years back but the 2008 catalogs are hosted on the lgb-trains site itself or champex-linden. If you put your cursor over the download icon and it shows gscalenews.com then it won't work, others probably will.
Interesting what you say about the domain not being maintained. I though I heard somewhere that even if a domain is not maintained there will be a ghost of the site somewhere on a server. But how you find it is the trick, probably known by teenage computer geeks!

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Jon, you pay for a domain name, and a separate contract is for the server to host your domain, if you stop paying for either the site stops, the domain name points to the DNS server, and with no host and no server there is no DNS look up service for the site.
There are "archives" of sites held by people who wish to preserve sites (for various reasons), but this is not true of all sites. My old site was wiped when I had a recent re-think, and no longer exists anywhere, except on my own hard drive.

Reactions: 1 user

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
You might find something if you look at the Wayback site?

PhilP.

Paul2727

Registered
5 Jun 2018
The Cotswolds
Best answers
Country flag