LGB 'Jackson Sharp' coach dimensions

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
the link I added is for an Ebay sale that ends Monday 5:46 PM PST (today)
Yes, I noticed, and I wonder what they will fetch . . . Quite a lot I suspect. I'm very tempted to bid.

JohnSol

Registered
24 Sep 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, I noticed, and I wonder what they will fetch . . . Quite a lot I suspect. I'm very tempted to bid.
I'd bid on them if my circumstances were different.
I don't think they'll bring that much... most people don't know what they are or the fact that they are limited production brass. There is some minor damage to the brake wheel and air hose one the combine... parts that are easily replaceable with parts from Iron Creek Shops in Tennessee.

A

Alco K28

These all brass construction CMP coaches are made by Accucraft but have superior trucks to any of Accucraft's coaches. These were a limited production model that originally sold for $600+ per car. They are located in Southern California.g scale trains accucraft drop head coach & passenger cars ball bearing wheels | eBay
I would like to fit ball bearing wheel sets to the bogies (trucks) preferably as a ‘drop in’ replacement, as there is a bit of drag even with the electrical contacts eased off.

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
I would like to fit ball bearing wheel sets to the bogies (trucks) preferably as a ‘drop in’ replacement, as there is a bit of drag even with the electrical contacts eased off.
Yes, the standard Accucraft J&S coaches have a lot of drag. I remove all the pickups (as I don't have track power anyway,) and fit a 9V battery in the frame. (See pic attached.)
I also fit ball bearings for the axles. Phil Dippley made a neat set, but no longer, so I've been using 4x7x2(mm) bearings from Avidrc.
Avid Racing Concepts LLC | RC Bearings and Accessories for radio controlled vehicles

Attachments

• IMG_6036-coach12-battery-sm.JPG
    IMG_6036-coach12-battery-sm.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 1 user

JohnSol

Registered
24 Sep 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
In case anyone is interested, the four Accucraft made, open vestibule, brass coaches sold for $810.

Recently, a rare Berlyn #22 sold for just over a thousand dollars. Like the cars, the engine wasn't listed correctly.

A

Alco K28

Yes, the standard Accucraft J&S coaches have a lot of drag. I remove all the pickups (as I don't have track power anyway,) and fit a 9V battery in the frame. (See pic attached.)
I also fit ball bearings for the axles. Phil Dippley made a neat set, but no longer, so I've been using 4x7x2(mm) bearings from Avidrc.
Avid Racing Concepts LLC | RC Bearings and Accessories for radio controlled vehicles
Does the fitting include much surgery? I’m not keen on drilling the axle boxes if possible, or do you enlarge the hole in the wheel and fit the bearings there?
Any photos/instructions much appreciated :)

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
They're LGB Jackson Sharp Jim, but not as we know them....

P2150019.JPG

David