I mentioned about some Aristo track that my late father brought me in earlier posts. I managed to use 2 of the long R3 curves he brought me on Pip's junction, so named after him.
I was trying to fit in the other 2 curves, but I had nowhere I could use them. Determined to use them somehow, I suddenly thought why not re-radius them?
In fact, I'm short of straights, so straighten them! So that's what I did today. I dismantled the tracks and put the rails through my £10 rail bender. I don't have much experience with ART track; the only other pieces I have are 2 crossing tracks at Angus's Crossing, brought because I personally think they look better than the LGB version. Underneath, there were 6 screws which I had to remove before I could take the rails out of the sleeper web.
Once the rails were straightened, I re-assembled them into the web. I hadn't realised that the webs were flexi-track, with 2 webs of 11 sleepers and one of 6. One of the 6 sleeper webs had broken chairs, so I substituted a similar LGB web that I happened to have.
I've installed these in 2 of the sidings on the new loop. Just like the real railway, I have recycled track for use elsewhere....