LGB DCC board time in/out

pappde

Registered
14 Dec 2020
Princeton, NJ
Best answers
Country flag
I have a LGB BR 995015 locomotive (LGB 20752) that has a DCC controller factory installed. I would like to install in this loco a Massoth pulsed smoke generator, the round boiler version, (Massoth 8415001). It needs timing input from the decoder. Which socket on the board is for timing signal in and which one is signal out?IMG_5745 copy.jpg
All the other ports I have plugs already. I know the timing signal has three pins on the smoke unit.
Any help appreciated. I am a newbie here, I mostly work with live steam locomotives. This project is for the grandkids.
Thanks, Denes

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I should have taken pictures of my LD1 when I replaced the Märklin pulsed smoke unit earlier this year. I'm reluctant to open it up again just to take pictures! The decoder interface board is probably identical to what you're dealing with. I suggest you check the exploded parts diagrams for the most recent LGB Heidi. There may help there. They can be accessed on both the Märklin site, the Onlytrains.com, or Trainli.com site.

Edit added: LGB 20274 diagrams are no help. The parts diagrams on the new MLGB locos don't seem to show wire connections like the old LGB diagrams did.

Last edited:

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I took a look at the interface board that comes with MLGB's new No.55029, 29 27 pin replacement sound decoder hoping it might line up with yours - it does not so no help for you there either. Maybe LGB333, Tom White will step in. He also has recent experience installing these smoke units.

edited to correct number of decoder pins to 27

Last edited:

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
As far as I am aware, there is no provision on the M1 27pin interface to provide a generated "chuff" signal. However there is a provision (input) to receive one from a "chuff" sensor.

1608110209621.png

The above image is a Massoth XLS-M1 decoder (which has the ability of simulating a "chuff" signal on output A3).

pappde

Registered
14 Dec 2020
Princeton, NJ
Best answers
Country flag
I took a look at the interface board that comes with MLGB's new No.55029, 29 27 pin replacement sound decoder hoping it might line up with yours - it does not so no help for you there either. Maybe LGB333, Tom White will step in. He also has recent experience installing these smoke units.

edited to correct number of decoder pins to 27
Thanks.
Unfortunately the schematics on the manuals do not image the sockets I was looking for.
How would I get the LGB part # for the board? Maybe knowing the part# would help looking for schematics.
Thanks, Denes