Lenz LE-230 HELP PLEASE???

paul delany

Registered
30 Mar 2018
Dublin Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Dumb question, you are indeed running from DCC right?

Greg
hi Greg
i am wondering if you happen to have a picture on filer of the original pcb that bachmann put in the Connie,,i do realize that you have one on your web page, while it clearly shows the far end clearly, its a bit blurred on the screw terminals connections ,no offense meant by the way ,i ask because i want to try and return all the ash pan and firebox wiring to their original state? Sorry if I'm badgering you on this topic

paul d

Cliff George

Registered
24 Oct 2009
City of Chelmsford
Best answers
Country flag
A wheel sensor in the tender maybe?

The use of the wheel sensor is optional, the chuff can work just from the SUSI connection alone, but obviously maybe not as well sunchronised as with a wheel sensor. In this case the SUSI module would have to be correctly configured so it knows the source. It looks like you already have the manual as you seem to have posted a picture from it. Look up CV 935.

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
You need to find a Lenz expert, the SUSI programming was tricky I believe, having to "reach through" the motor decoder to control the CVs in the SUSI module.

I would guess that the firebox and ashpan lights come from the motor module, and that should be a separate issue.

Sounds like some of the needed settings have been changed to detect chuff. What do you "see" on the wires going to the tender? If 3 wires go there, it could be a hall effect sensor, and maybe that is bad.

Greg