Hornby 3.5" Stephensons Rocket

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Yep, since they sold off Paypal.

So I opened an online account with £100 in it, and registered that for my ebay sales :nod::nod: ('cos our main bank account is joint with Mrs Rhino, and ebay won't let you register a joint account.)
And a separate account also means that Mrs Rhino can't see your eBay purchases, an unlooked for advantage.

voodoopenguin

Retired
20 Jul 2015
Blofield, Norfolk
Country
Norfolk-Island
Best answers
Country flag

So I opened an online account with £100 in it, and registered that for my ebay sales :nod::nod: ('cos our main bank account is joint with Mrs Rhino, and ebay won't let you register a joint account.)
We have a joint account and that is registered with eBay. What eBay don't like is a 2nd eBay account using the same bank account. I have two eBay accounts, one uses a Barclays account and the other a Santander account and both are joint.

Paul

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag

Well, that's your excuse.. ;)

PhilP

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag

My registered ebay account is a joint (single signatory) account.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
We have a joint account and that is registered with eBay. What eBay don't like is a 2nd eBay account using the same bank account. I have two eBay accounts, one uses a Barclays account and the other a Santander account and both are joint.

Paul
I'm not Allowed an account:(

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
My registered ebay account is a joint (single signatory) account.
The rules at the time, were that it could only be your own account. Either they've amended it, or your account was registered a bit earlier :mm::mm::mm:

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag

Paul
Maybe I misread the rules - but I s'pose it also depends how long you've had that account registered :think:

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
In my case, long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Heaven forbid, it ever asks for my password! :rofl::think::rolleyes:

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
The rules at the time, were that it could only be your own account. Either they've amended it, or your account was registered a bit earlier :mm::mm::mm:
Had my eBay account for years, but didn’t give them back account details, only since the split from PayPal, and the need for an account when goods are sold, did I supply account details.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Heaven forbid, it ever asks for my password! :rofl:
I give up trying to remember passwords, I find that someone somewhere always does something to delete it from their records. Work are the worst,they expect you to change it every 6 weeks, then tell you that the new password you choose isn't right and lock you out of the system

Northsider

Modelling the Northern half of the Isle of Man
3 May 2012
Hertfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
I give up trying to remember passwords, I find that someone somewhere always does something to delete it from their records. Work are the worst,they expect you to change it every 6 weeks, then tell you that the new password you choose isn't right and lock you out of the system
I use an online password manager (Dashlane) which is available free; it has a limit on the number of devices you can use (two, I think) and a set number of logins, so not perfect, but it works for me. You can upgrade to a paid version, but I haven't done this...yet.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Wow, talk about thread drift, from Stephenson's Rocket to to password manager in 52 easy steps ;)
How things have progressed on the railway front