Help wanted please - Piko bogie

G scale Simon

Registered
13 Jan 2023
Huddersfield
Best answers
Country flag
I just brought (another) one of these cheap, but I didn't notice that it has one bogie different from the other. One is PIKO 37700-07 and the other is an LGB one.

Simon, did you find another bogie to replace your broken one?

I'm going to see if I can get some spares from Europe....
Hi, thanks, no, I have not got it sorted at the mo. I didn't go along myself, but it has been the garden railway show at Peterborough this weekend, I wondered if, maybe someone will have a damaged model and been able to replace it, with a better one, from one of the traders there and then perhaps, put the damaged one on ebay ? so I was planning to keep my eye out on there for a week or so and see if anything turns up that way.
There's the Coventry and Llangollen events coming up soon as well, so I expect I will be ok before too much longer ? or, if a complete model turns up cheaply, I was considering removing one bogie and then advertising the wagon, for spares and repairs, to people on the forum here

Reactions: 1 user

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Hi, thanks, no, I have not got it sorted at the mo. I didn't go along myself, but it has been the garden railway show at Peterborough this weekend, I wondered if, maybe someone will have a damaged model and been able to replace it, with a better one, from one of the traders there and then perhaps, put the damaged one on ebay ? so I was planning to keep my eye out on there for a week or so and see if anything turns up that way.
There's the Coventry and Llangollen events coming up soon as well, so I expect I will be ok before too much longer ? or, if a complete model turns up cheaply, I was considering removing one bogie and then advertising the wagon, for spares and repairs, to people on the forum here
This weekend was the Midland Show near Coventry Simon. Mizzy Gizzy and I went to today.

Peterborough is next month.

I'd be interested in your spares and repairs should you go down that route....

G scale Simon

Registered
13 Jan 2023
Huddersfield
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks to an idea from Gizzy, I am now up and running with my wagon. I took it along to the SMTF shop, at Poynton, where they have parts and do repair work. I left my model with them and then went back to collect a week later. I'm really pleased :)
The shop has a fair bit of used, American G scale at the moment, along with some Piko and a bit of LGB. I expect the stock changes as they buy in and sell items. It's not really local to me, over an hour each way from my home, in the car, but if anyone lives a bit closer than I do, I think it's worth dropping by and the garden centre is nice as well. There's a fish keeping shop on site, as well, so my missus disappeared in there and bought a few items, so she was happy as well.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Oh good to see they are still on the go, visited a while back now to get an LGB Snow Plough. Got there by bus from Stockport bus Station but looks to be walkable from Hazel Grove Station if your legs are good.