24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Gizzy said:
Zerogee said:
bigjack said:
Be careful wiring direct to the motors on a non DCC ready loco, the chokes will need removing from the motors as they will cause the decoder to terminally fail. And that's expensive. Best find an instruction diagram as wiring through the DCC ready board is OK.
How do I know this, I refuse to comment on the grounds that I might incriminate myself :happy::happy:

Harken, do I hear a fizzling noise and smell the delicate aroma of the Magic Smoke escaping....? ;)

Jon.
I'm choking on that one....

DCC....Damn Crusty Chips

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Dragging myself back on-topic - Jerry, do any of our collective mad ramblings above actually help? Feel free to pop round sometime and we can try to figure it out together if you want, I'm no expert but happy to share what experience I do have (so to speak....).

Jon.

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Zerogee said:
Dragging myself back on-topic - Jerry, do any of our collective mad ramblings above actually help? Feel free to pop round sometime and we can try to figure it out together if you want, I'm no expert but happy to share what experience I do have (so to speak....).

Jon.
Yes. but it has been rumoured that the experience is in the subtle arts of oriental massage Jon :eek:::banghead:

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
beavercreek said:
Zerogee said:

Jon.
Yes. but it has been rumoured that the experience is in the subtle arts of oriental massage Jon :eek:::banghead:

I couldn't possibly comment, Mike..... (mainly on the advice of my lawyers!) :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jon.

lone ranger

Trams, Southern region BR & USA steam G Scale
29 Apr 2011
Kirby Cross Frinton-on-Sea Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all been off line today just got back, thanks for all your help I will have a good look at the diagrams they will help alot. From a quick look they seem to be correct with whats in the loco (a couple of colours are not the same but I think that is standard with bachmann) Jon I might take you up on your kind offer :clap:

Mick thanks v much for the diagrams :clap::clap:

well now its down to some serious wire traceing

Jerry