Help finding Massoth Sound data sheets

The Shed

Citizen of the Republic of the North East.
8 Mar 2020
Darlington, County Durham.
Country
England
Best answers
I don't think even Massoth, have the latest version of the Massoth documentation! - Even in German!! :eek::rolleyes::rofl::rofl::rofl:

So just how up to date, does one need for documentation for Sound implementations and configurations?
Then there is the small matter of Covid19..........

Massoth.png

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Yes but you shouldn't have to buy the Massoth Service Tool to get access to the sound sheet documentation.
They used to publish them in their online wiki but no longer so you have to search elsewhere on the Internet. There is a risk as LGB333 LGB333 mentioned that you will not get the latest version but what choice is there? As an example I just bought a Massoth S with diesel sounds part number 8222100, which I believe is sound project 822x100 Kleine Diesellok / Small Diesel. The product comes with documentation but not the sound sheet. The one I downloaded from allaboutlgb does not match the default settings on the decoder. The sound sheet PDFs don't have a version number or date so I can only assume it is the latest, but if someone who has the service tool can somehow let me have what they think is the latest, I can check.

Don't get me wrong I like Massoth products, they are reliable and robust, it's only the documentation lets them down IMO.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
If this is what you are after.. PM a contact email address:

1596302131720.png

idlemarvel

13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
That's the one, thanks PhilP PhilP , PM sent.

idlemarvel

13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
That one matches the settings on the supplied decoder so all is well, thanks PhilP PhilP

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
www.olddominionrailways.com
Best answers
Country flag
I don't think even Massoth, have the latest version of the Massoth documentation! - Even in German!! :eek::rolleyes:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

PhilP - Wow, that's a little harsh.......I'm sure your joking with the happy faces!

I have found a few English translation errors in their Massoth Installation and Configuration Manuals which can be a problem when it comes to setting CV values!

Cheers!

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
PhilP - Wow, that's a little harsh.......I'm sure your joking with the happy faces!

Exactly! - Hence I did not reply to the other post..

I think 'harsh, but fair' about sums it up. IMHO.

Despite what we may think, Massoth's core-business is not decoders and sound cards. In the past their rate of turn-round for repairs has been a little wanting.
There do seem to have been a number of enhancements, and a rationalisation of the range, recently?

The speed repairs are dealt with, has also improved markedly.

PhilP.

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
www.olddominionrailways.com
Best answers
Country flag
Exactly! - Hence I did not reply to the other post..

I think 'harsh, but fair' about sums it up. IMHO.

Despite what we may think, Massoth's core-business is not decoders and sound cards. In the past their rate of turn-round for repairs has been a little wanting.
There do seem to have been a number of enhancements, and a rationalisation of the range, recently?

The speed repairs are dealt with, has also improved markedly.

PhilP.

I certainly agree about the lack of speedy warranty repairs and also lack of related communications after sending them a component. I sent them a couple pulsed smokers two months ago by USPS Priority Mail International and have heard nothing from them on the status of my warranty support request. I've also complained at least three times in the last two years about the very poor quality of their American steamers' sound files, specifically the chuff sounds, and they still haven't fixed it. Hopefully when their new XLSC Sound Decoder is released by the end of the year, this will be fixed. I'm almost embarssed to install an XLS sound decoder into a customer's LGB American steamer like a Mogul with the crappy chuff sounds. I'm also now an ESU Dealer and the quality difference compared to the Massoth American steamer sound files is 100 percent better. But I do like the overall Massoth DCC product line such as their pulsed smoker and vast array of other devices. Just fix the darn chuff!!!