PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
All,
As I am new to this..
Is there a crib-sheet available to tell me which soundfile to go with which LGB model?
I know the Massoth download site, but it does not list 'equivalents', and if you don't know a Rhb rack from a steam rack it makes things a little difficult.

So,
do I use the Rhb ge 2/4 for 23460 and 24460, as a starter for ten?

Thanks in advance,
Phil.

craigwrdouglas

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Edinburgh UK
Best answers
If you're thinking of the Furka Oberalp(FO) HGe 2/2 think there probably isn't an easy answer for this one.

Most of the other locomotives have sound sampled from a prototype, however the last of the 4 FO(SchB) HGe 2/2's was scrapped in 1985.

the HGe 2/2 and the RhB GE 2/4 both have vacuum brakes and run on 11KV. They were built in 1915 and 1912/13 respectively by SLM/BBC, are both roughly the same size (allowing for cab differences) and power (235 vs 228 DC) will have whistles from the same era, and the announcements will be in German.

The speed and gearing is different however.

I think that this is probably as close as you are likely to get though.

Best wishes.

Craig

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback guys...
Not being familiar with European outline loco's, I am having difficulty selecting the correct sound-files for those LGB models not specifically listed on the Massoth site.

I have found the data-sheets which list 'what sound is where' etc. - I had missed this, very useful!
Phil.