Massoth uncouplers on MFX factory decoder, no outputs left to connect.

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Is there even an extra port to use for SUSI interface?
Not a plug in. There are solder pads identified on the 55029 interface board for the SUSI data and clock leads. The other two SUSI leads are for decoder +/- which are available elsewhere on the board if needed.

palmerston

trains
24 Oct 2009
Netherlands, near Aachen ;-)
Best answers
Country flag
Ive orderd Massoth Phantograph electronics, but they are sold out, even at the factory.

palmerston

trains
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Maybe i am wrong about the Dietz DSE F8 in Susi mode. In order to operate functionmapping in this Dietz module and on a CS3 or CV via DCC program track is of course needed. As the loco's main board is device 1 is needs to be set 2 to begin with. So next to do is to search for availability of this module.

Diesel2000

Registered
18 Feb 2020
Chicago
Best answers
Country flag
Did you ever get this worked out? The factory-installed adapter boards for the MSD3 decoders are not the same as the 55029 retrofit adapter boards and the factory boards do not have any solder pads on them. They are effectively locked in terms of being able to add any additional capability, unfortunately. I've played around with them a lot. These factory boards also down-regulate the voltages from track power to 6.5V for the function outputs (lights, smoke units, pantographs). If you plug a factory MSD3 decoder into the 55029 the outputs will all be track power, but through the factory boards its not.

Like palmerston I'm interested in being able to control all loco functions using the MFX protocol through the decoder, so I'm wondering if there is a way to use SUSI boards and connect them to existing factory adapters. Its definitely possible with the 55029 retrofit adapter boards.

palmerston

trains
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Well....No, the Massoth Pantagraph board doesnt support MFX, altough stated on their website and manual, so i cancelled the order.

Work has gotten in the way and all trains and track are in storage and will remain there at least for a few years from now.