Hello from Edmonton

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Ralph.
Get something running, take photos and enjoy yourself. You are in good company here.
Trevor

Ralph60Edm

Registered
4 Feb 2022
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Best answers
Country flag
I worked in a hospital doing just about everything except open surgery for 40 years. It was not the patients that made me quit it was the staff in my own department. In my line of work they expected me to have direct contact with covid patients at 59.5 so I told them I am out of here.
I was a technical salesperson in a very niche business. I had to travel the Thursday before I quit. I checked into my hotel and went through the typical covid routine, they had signs up assuring customers of their incredibly stringent cleaning protocol etc. When I opened my room, they hadn't touched it from the previous guest, there were even dirty towels on the floor. I'm 61, I've was at the top of my field virtually all of my career and I really didn't need to work. I travelled a lot for work so now I am looking forward to my new hobby putzing with trains in my yard. I have a specific area in mind for my initial layout and the rest of my yard has extensive gardens so I can build out in the future if so inclined.

TTaannggss

Hates T.P.& r1Cur. Retired for 3 after 40 in Hosp.
29 Jan 2022
Sarnia
Best answers
Country flag
Ya people a
I want to thank everyone for the warm welcomes. It's so refreshing to enter a positive place.:)
Ya everyone is very nice here. I think partly cus lots here do not have to put up with what we call winter. I love to travel for pleasure but not in the last 2 years cus of covid. I have a neighbour who just came back from Mexico only to be sick for 2 weeks. Not for me thanks. ..I really got carried away with my ho layout... I do not plan to do the same with G.

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Ralph.
Get something running, take photos and enjoy yourself. You are in good company here.
Trevor
But keep a weather eye out for pirates. You never know when one might confuse the North Saskatchewan with the Moselle.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Mexico only to be sick for 2 weeks. Not for me thanks. ..I really got carried away with my ho layout... I do not plan to do the same with G.
Yeah, right!

Just like the rest of us.. ;):D

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Ralph. I think most things have been covered, so I'll just say enjoy yourself, and in that temperature keep all your bits well covered

Last edited:

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Ralph, and welcome to the forum :)

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I'll add my welcome to all the rest. Any thoughts on what direction you'll be heading? North American, European, standard or narrow gauge?

TTaannggss

Hates T.P.& r1Cur. Retired for 3 after 40 in Hosp.
29 Jan 2022
Sarnia
Best answers
Country flag
Not me. I never listen to my impulses. But I do eventually want lots of track. Me and my gf are good at finding good deals.