Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Richie
Thanks for the comment
The glass block windows are cut and are populated with the blocks and it totally changes the feel of the room! I still have to line the sides with wood then mirrored glass (to reflect the light all around) and finish the 'windows' but they certainly do make the 'box' have another dimension (so to speak). A bit more work tomorrow and then it will have to wait till end of next week. Have not looked at the layout for some time now. I think that I was being too optimistic about finishing the updates. As the door and windows of the conversion, to replace the present garage door, have to be built and installed (out of wood) I may well have to postpone or cancel the open day....we'll see...

thumper

Live Steam, Gardening, Golf, Grand Children and Ro
22 Jan 2010
Livonia, Michigan, USA
Best answers
You've got a treasure. Few of these come up and when they do, they're quite expensive. If you want a real task, locate and consider building one of their Barnhart Loaders. There are more than 400 parts and when finished, you have a museum piece.

Good luck and take your time!

Will

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Will
Yes I just love the quality of the kit and am really looking forward to when I can again get 'stuck into it' again (but let's hope, not stuck to it!). As soon as the garage conversion is complete and all other house repair/upgrade jobs are done I will be found in the newly converted room, snug and warm, forging away at all of the train related stuff that I promised myself that I would do.
I just can't wait!

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Before I press on with the Hartford kit here are the 'almost complete' piccies of the on going 1:1 kit I have been working on. This was the state of play last weekend back as I did not have any time this past week to finish off.
The skirting fixing and all other titivating was finished this weekend...as was the sorting of the remaining part of the garage ...a pint of man stuff to fit into a half pint.

The next job is the installation of all the good things to enable me to have a warm bolt hole for all things train related this winter...oh the joy......

4b915a7b72e747b4a436beaf963049df.jpg

5a202684e60743328e7cf37e1e5dd99e.jpg

These are the 'caboose inspired windows'...well..yes they are glass brick but...

05fa8070b33d4011a344629f7aa89add.jpg

0124a2ee833841c4a7df3332b8c25312.jpg

from inside they do give a little feel of the source of the idea... if a little diamante...
The mirrors really bounce the sunlight around

Tried to design the windows to match the remaining garage door
e7dfd73139f5449eb13488b6da8d2ddb.jpg

39023f29f59e42a395b7c6439ca59caa.jpg

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Looks Fantastic now Mike top craftsmanship hard to believe it used to be a garage Just love the Caboose windows :clap:

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
yb281 said:
Wow!! That's some bolt-hole Mike. Great job. :clap:

Thanks Mel. Added finishing touches this evening so it is now ready for furniture, sounds, modelling cabinets etc then it will be the site of progress on the real source of this thread...the Hartford 30' Box car kit...and the weathering of rolling-stock/locos...and the motorising of the stock cars...and the sound card installs...and the building of some more structures.........oh dear...there goes winter.... and probably spring too!

New Haven Neil

trains bikes camping kayaking red wine.....more tr
24 Oct 2009
Best answers