G64 Troublesome Truck Conversion

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Very nice job Mel. :clap:
One nit-pick. Bearing in mind the door detail, I'm surprised that the supplier hasn't represented the hand brake lever correctly outside both springs and sole bar. Presumably to prevent damage, but it looks a bit odd.

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
whatlep said:
One nit-pick. Bearing in mind the door detail, I'm surprised that the supplier hasn't represented the hand brake lever correctly outside both springs and sole bar. Presumably to prevent damage, but it looks a bit odd.
Well spotted Peter.
Perhaps it's a little known experimental version to prevent that racket made by the lever bouncing up and down when the securing pin falls out whilst in motion! :rofl:

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
whatlep said:
Very nice job Mel. :clap:
Well it wouldn't be GSC these days without some negative comment would it? The door detail is there because I spent hours making it. Yes, the chassis has compromises - it was made for a kid's toy! Yes I could have gone out and bought a highly detailed kit, but that would have probably cost the thick end of £100. Like the rest of my G3 stock, this one was built on a VERY limited budget.

Do many LGB and other locos not have brake hoses moulded into the buffer beams etc? OK, it's a compromise, but we only seem to see what we want to see?

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Apologies - no offence was intended. I had forgotten the chassis' provenance.

Dave Hub

everyting
26 Oct 2009
west mids
Best answers
I like it Mel, its lovely, looks like it survived the pickle acid rain.

owlpool

Welsh NG in the mountains. live steam
25 Oct 2009
Brecon Beacons, South Wales
Best answers
Country flag
looks excellent, Mel
the rust sets it off nicely

Netty

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Leyland, Lancashire
Best answers
Superb as usual Mel. If I could anywhere close to your stuff I'd be a happy man.

Andy Worsfold

G Scale Railways</br>Disney</br>The Prisoner
24 Oct 2009
Havant
Best answers
Another masterpiece Mel.
But did you get the rivet count quite right? I make it 4783 on the real thing! and only 4782 on yours........

You know how I really feel about your modelling. Yours is the level that most of us dream of reaching.

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Pure magic Mel.:clap:

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Andy Worsfold said:
Another masterpiece Mel.
But did you get the rivet count quite right? I make it 4783 on the real thing! and only 4782 on yours........
The 4783rd rivet is hidden Andy. It's the golden one. Some of our former matelot friends may be able to find it? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks guys. :D

bazzer42

oo 80's, WW1, Rupert Bear, beer
1 Nov 2009
Royal Forest of Dean
Best answers
Another lovely weathered model. I thought your rear end was a cracker (oo-er) and the finished model is something else. I would have never considered using card to model a wagon.
Another chapter for the W and G book?