Dimensions of LGB Feldbahn Cars?

WillemD

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Belgium
Best answers
A lot of LGB's Feldbahn rolling stock uses the same chassis, which I would like to know the dimensions of. An example below:

49191.jpg

I am looking for the length and width of the feldbahn car, preferably excluding the couplers and the stake pockets on the sides and ends. The height from top to rail would be useful as well.

LGB's new Deutz diesel is very tempting, but since I have never had Feldbahn stuff in my hands before, I'd like to know what size the rolling stock is. Since I couldn't find any dimensions of the cars, I figured I could ask here...

So if anyone could perhaps measure up a feldbahn car that uses the same chassis, would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,
Willem

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
The 2006 LGB catalog has the freight feldbahn cars as such, [HASHTAG]#42430[/HASHTAG] gondola is 190 mm. The [HASHTAG]#40190[/HASHTAG] side dump ore cars are 160 mm. The original feldbahn cars with the standard size LGB wheels are 170 mm in length. The 32170 feldbahn closed passenger car is 210 mm. The older open sightseeing car with larger wheels is 170 mm.

The catalog does not give any other dimensions. I can measure the ones I have tomorrow if you like.

Reactions: 1 user

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
I think those dimensions in the catalogue are overall ones, including the couplers..... the car bodies/platforms are much shorter than that.
I'll try to find a moment to measure some up today.

Jon.

WillemD

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Belgium
Best answers
The catalog does not give any other dimensions. I can measure the ones I have tomorrow if you like.
I think those dimensions in the catalogue are overall ones, including the couplers..... the car bodies/platforms are much shorter than that.
I'll try to find a moment to measure some up today.
Yes, please (if it's not too much of a hassle) :)

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, please (if it's not too much of a hassle) :)

OK Willem, the frames used for the little tipper cars and the high-sided open wagons is approx. 140mm long x 73mm wide, excluding the couplers. The bodies fitted to these frames are wider than the 73mm. I also measured the flat car chassis used for the Propane Gas cylinder car (and various others too), which has a small brakemans' platform at the end, and including that platform the frame is about 150mm long x 75mm wide.

I hope that is some help?
Jon.

Reactions: 1 user

schienenkönig

I'm a tram enthusiast and have made trams Scale G
4 May 2014
Wuppertal
Country
Germany
www.schwebebahn-wtal.de
Best answers
Country flag
Is that helpfull? It was measured with a normal school ruler.
Sorry I don't have the wheels to it.00000-1.jpg

Reactions: 1 users