Developments on the PLR

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Yebbut, it went through the streets, and was latterly worked by ex-GWR pannier tanks as well as BR (SR) Crompton diesels
Wasn't there a guard walking in front of the engine?

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I read the other day, that in this hot weather, there is a council that banned its Bin Men ( Refuse Disposal Technicians ) from wearing shorts, so they bought themselves reflective PPP kilts.

David

Ralphmp

Registered
6 Jan 2010
Herts
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
I read the other day, that in this hot weather, there is a council that banned its Bin Men ( Refuse Disposal Technicians ) from wearing shorts, so they bought themselves reflective PPP kilts.

David
Excellent!

DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag

David
Did you know that it is not permissible to wear a kilt when working on the rail network in britain.

Ralphmp

Registered
6 Jan 2010
Herts
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Did you know that it is not permissible to wear a kilt when working on the rail network in britain.
Presumably to avoid injuries to bare legs?

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
I don't think it's permitted to wear skirts on any building sites anymore. Health and safety.

Ralphmp

Registered
6 Jan 2010
Herts
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
I don't think it's permitted to wear skirts on any building sites anymore. Health and safety.
Seems odd, doesn’t it - no skirts but shorts are ok! Both leave legs bare/unprotected.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Seems odd, doesn’t it - no skirts but shorts are ok! Both leave legs bare/unprotected.
Not quite. A skirt is loose fitting, so can easily snag, there's also a large vein which runs up your groin, shorts will give more protection there, think about posts sticking upwards, very amusing in some ways, but.....
Besides, an awful lot of sites do not allow shorts to worn anyway, also no short sleeve shirts is becoming popular too. Also gloves, safety specs are a common mandatory rule on proper sites. Of course, most jobbing builders ignore everything.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Probably ought to ask Rik to post another picture quick, we've hijacked his thread just a tinsy-winsy bit :oops::oops:

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Probably ought to ask Rik to post another picture quick, we've hijacked his thread just a tinsy-winsy bit :oops::oops:
Not a problem - quite enjoying the banter. However, I've done a bit more to the loco - she now has lamps front and rear fitted with red/white bi-colour LEDs, buffers and couplings have been fitted as has a MLS soundcard. Hopefully, if the weather improves, I'll be able to try her out with a train or two.
1-IMG_2786.JPG1-IMG_2788.JPG

Rik

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
And now, she's more or less complete - just a few minor tweaks to do.

Those skirts might be a problem if the moss grows any thicker - and I need to take an angle grinder to the platform at Peckforton.

I think you can see that she's constructed to 15mm scale when compared to the coaches. When I've finished the third Southwold coach and got around to constructing a train of GVT coaches I'll see how she looks alongside those (they are all 15mm).

Rik

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Looks great - and sounds great!

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
A certain Mr Partridge of this parish was rude about one of my locos, calling it a hovercraft.

However, with those skirts on the narrow gauge, that definitely looks more like Luke Skywalker's hovering car :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
And now, she's more or less complete - just a few minor tweaks to do.

Those skirts might be a problem if the moss grows any thicker - and I need to take an angle grinder to the platform at Peckforton.

I think you can see that she's constructed to 15mm scale when compared to the coaches. When I've finished the third Southwold coach and got around to constructing a train of GVT coaches I'll see how she looks alongside those (they are all 15mm).

Rik
Assuming you have used the latest MLS card, which whistle (and country sound) have you used. I find the only one that is acceptable to be the Thomas one, not really that that is acceptable to me but the best I can find!

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
Assuming you have used the latest MLS card, which whistle (and country sound) have you used. I find the only one that is acceptable to be the Thomas one, not really that that is acceptable to me but the best I can find!
Hi Jon
I think it's #5 (Gresley chime) on the British Steam card - Peter ( M Moonraker ) might be able to confirm or refute that.

Rik

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Jon
I think it's #5 (Gresley chime) on the British Steam card - Peter ( M Moonraker ) might be able to confirm or refute that.

Rik
Ok thanks Rik, will give that one a try again. Have tried that a few times but always sounded to Gresly like, but perhaps with some messing on volume etc may work more to my liking.