Combino Duo Tram

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Interesting work. Way beyond my capabilities.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Don't worry, I'm still enjoying it at the moment and it's helping to sharpen some skills that have started to dull since I changed jobs. I'll only start to charge when I start to loose patience with it :p

I'd thought the IP gearbox might be a good choice too. I had worried that maybe it wouldn't be butch enough but in reality it shouldn't have too much work to do. I think I can make a pretty good representation of it from the measurements on the website. Once the floor is in I'll have a go at trying to get it in there.
I have a couple of the IP chassis in 2 of my Steam Trams. I can manage a 2D drawing for you to scale if it helps. I use MacDraft PE on my iMac, I doubt the files would be compatible for you but at least they will be scale size.

musket the dog

Registered
31 Oct 2009
Leicester
nlrr.webs.com
Best answers
More progress has been made :)

My apologies for the lack of updates, I'll try and write a proper update for the end of the week. My enthusiasm for railway stuff always seems to wane during the darker months but it's starting to come back again now. Especially as my other money pit is starting to feel useable again :cool::p

20210227_130507.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Ricky thanks for the news, a slow burn preject is always worth waiting for. Love the MG is it a Midge or a B, looks to low for a B?

Last edited:

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Ricky thanks for the news, a slow burn -reject is always worth waiting for. Love the MG is it a Midge or a B, looks to low for a B?
1275 cc Midget - nice

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
We moved to Abingdon in April 1976, almost 46 years ago now, so still newcomers. When we moved here the old GWR Abingdon branch line was still in use for freight, passenger workings had ceased some years before. Apart from the occasional coal delivery to the coal merchant who still occupied the old sidings area, the only freight was the car transporter trains taking the new MGs to the docks for export. The MGs were brought from the factory, on the other side of town, by road car transporter. They were then driven off of those and straight onto the car trains. If I remember correctly, the trains were hauled by Class 31 diesels in BR blue livery. This traffic went on pretty much up until the time the MG factory closed. A sad loss for the town of Abingdon and the Nation as a whole. With the loss of the MG car transportation, there was no further use for the branch line and it was lifted.

David

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
We moved to Abingdon in April 1976, almost 46 years ago now, so still newcomers. When we moved here the old GWR Abingdon branch line was still in use for freight, passenger workings had ceased some years before. Apart from the occasional coal delivery to the coal merchant who still occupied the old sidings area, the only freight was the car transporter trains taking the new MGs to the docks for export. The MGs were brought from the factory, on the other side of town, by road car transporter. They were then driven off of those and straight onto the car trains. If I remember correctly, the trains were hauled by Class 31 diesels in BR blue livery. This traffic went on pretty much up until the time the MG factory closed. A sad loss for the town of Abingdon and the Nation as a whole. With the loss of the MG car transportation, there was no further use for the branch line and it was lifted.

David
Shame it closed as it may have been a good line to keep restored, however as there was in effect no Station at the Junction (Radley being closest to the Junction where branch trains worked from/to if a shuttle) it would have been another line from somewhere to nowhere.

DougLN

NARROW GAUGE RAILWAYS
5 Jul 2010
DIDCOT,OXON
Best answers
Country flag
Re-Abingdon Branch Line On its last day of passenger working Sunday 8 Sept 1963 I cycled over from Cowley where we lived then to Radley. I caught the 1915 Radley to Abingdon returning on the 1928 Abingdon it was a 3 car DMU in place of the usual SPU (SinglePowerUnit) The last train was the 2120 Radley which was booked to go empty to Oxford. It was poorly patronised in its last years because of the change trains at Radley to go/from Oxford.