Cheap Wagon

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
considering, that playmobil uses the truck mounted couplers to keep the wheels in line, i want to ask, if you could make a pic from the underside.
i'm just curious, what, if anything, they did to line up the wheels after putting body mounted couplers
Korn, sorry I missed this post, here's some pics of it's under pinningsIMAG1571.jpgIMAG1571.jpgIMAG1572.jpgIMAG1574.jpgIMAG1575.jpg

Dan

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Eastern MA, USA
Best answers
Country flag
The knuckle coupler is a KADEE and will mate with the LGB knuckle just fine. I run the LGB FRR cars with the Kadee couplers on a 29 inch circle. That is 737 mm.

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Bargain,great bash fodder!

korm kormsen

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Country
Paraguay
Best answers
Country flag
thank you, Paul.

interesting - there seems absolutely no measure been taken to keep the wheels aligned.

Playmofire,
the lead-weights are not necessary imho.
all my playmobil cars run without weights since the mid-eighties - without problems.
but the wheights are great to hold down coffee stirrers, while the glue dries.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
thank you, Paul.

interesting - there seems absolutely no measure been taken to keep the wheels aligned.

Playmofire,
the lead-weights are not necessary imho.
all my playmobil cars run without weights since the mid-eighties - without problems.
but the wheights are great to hold down coffee stirrers, while the glue dries.
There is a stop which prevents the wheels turning too far, and it looks like something has been cut from the moving bit as well, probably something to do with the couplings being removed

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
There is a stop which prevents the wheels turning too far, and it looks like something has been cut from the moving bit as well, probably something to do with the couplings being removed

The coupling loop and the "neck" it is part if have been cut off. In the attached photo, the yellow circle shows where there is a small moulded hook (one either side) which limits the movement of the wheels.

18:10 edit to correct mistypes resulting from correcting an earlier mistype.

Attachments

• Coupling.jpeg
    Coupling.jpeg
    527.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: