Bowande UK Chinese QJ Class Locomotive.

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
After the TSA had had their share of fun with my 'Royal Hudson' and then it got dropped in shipping, it needed the combined assistance of Cliff Luscher in Union City and Geoff Calver here in UK, plus £600, to fix it up. The shipping insurance did NOT cover damage inflicted by the TSA!! Be warned, folks!!!

TD6239

Registered
16 Jan 2020
Chester, Uk
Best answers
Country flag
Sorry I don’t often post on here but I have an accucraft QJ fitted with a summerlands FX chuffed, it’s a very good model in my opinion although abit too large for my railway sadly...
Had 8 large G scale coal hoppers loaded with slate behind it (around 20KG of load) and it happily pottered about all afternoon.
I can’t pass comment on the Bowande one but they’re definitely not the same model.
Cheers, Tom

newboydave

G scale trains - no surprise there then!</br></br>
24 Oct 2009
Sale, Cheshire, UK.
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Tom. Thanks for your response to my enquiry. Glad to hear that you are satisfied with your Accucraft QJ. You mention that it is too big for your railway - ever thought of selling it, I could be interested?

TD6239

Registered
16 Jan 2020
Chester, Uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Dave, PM'ed you, cheers

newboydave

24 Oct 2009
Sale, Cheshire, UK.
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Dave, PM'ed you, cheers
Morning Tom. Thanks for the message. I am interested in the model. Not sure how to access your PM via this website.

Last edited:

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Morning Tom. Thanks for the message. I am interested in the model. Not sure how to access your PM via this website. My email address is davidfhowarth@earthlink.net if you would not mind contacting me.

NOT good to use an undisguised email address on a forum accessible to anybody. Better to use [at].

newboydave

24 Oct 2009
Sale, Cheshire, UK.
Best answers
Country flag
NOT good to use an undisguised email address on a forum accessible to anybody. Better to use [at].
Good point Tac. Not like me at all to make such a basic mistake. Thankfully, I have a software package on my PC that normally stops 'Spam' etc from anything not in my address book.

Last edited:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Morning Tom. Thanks for the message. I am interested in the model. Not sure how to access your PM via this website. My email address is davidfhowarth@earthlink.net if you would not mind contacting me.
To access a GSC PM you click the little envelope in the top right of the forum screen, the message from Tom should be the first on the list that you click on to view it. There should also be a number in a red filled box. Probably be a 1 if Tom is the only one to have pm’d you. From there on it it should be simple logic to reply etc. if the PM does not show click the show all at the bottom of the list of names and you will be able to access any or all the PM’s you have.

newboydave

24 Oct 2009
Sale, Cheshire, UK.
Best answers
Country flag
To access a GSC PM you click the little envelope in the top right of the forum screen, the message from Tom should be the first on the list that you click on to view it. There should also be a number in a red filled box. Probably be a 1 if Tom is the only one to have pm’d you. From there on it it should be simple logic to reply etc. if the PM does not show click the show all at the bottom of the list of names and you will be able to access any or all the PM’s you have.
Hi Dunny. Thanks for the advice. I have tried it and unfortunately Toms PM is not listed in the envelope, the red box or in "Show All" so I guess I will have to look for other options/alternatives.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Dunny. Thanks for the advice. I have tried it and unfortunately Toms PM is not listed in the envelope, the red box or in "Show All" so I guess I will have to look for other options/alternatives.
Hm sometimes PM not an immediate offering for very new entrants. I think younpossibly need to be here a week or two before the Pm works. Perhaps a Mod could clarify please? Oh you joined 2009 according to your sig so not sure what the issue is.

TD6239

Registered
16 Jan 2020
Chester, Uk
Best answers
Country flag
Sorry it's probably on my end as I don't post too often, cheers
Email sent

Benco

Registered
22 May 2020
UK
Best answers
Country flag
You really should edit, and remove your email address.

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hmm... been putting my email address out there for over 10 years, no problems...

You get more junk email from visiting web sites and your bank and your credit cards, and other stuff. Mining a little forum like this for email addresses is not worth it to the spammers....

Greg

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Hmm... been putting my email address out there for over 10 years, no problems...

You get more junk email from visiting web sites and your bank and your credit cards, and other stuff. Mining a little forum like this for email addresses is not worth it to the spammers....

Greg
Perhaps not, but you would still be wise not to dish it out.

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
It really is the least of your concerns.... I have my email address in all my signatures... the email address paranoia is old information... spend your energy making sure your bank, and other institutions have been limited...

Are you on facebook? If so that is WAY more dangerous than your email address....

If you don't get that, then there is indeed no use arguing...

Greg

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
It really is the least of your concerns.... I have my email address in all my signatures... the email address paranoia is old information... spend your energy making sure your bank, and other institutions have been limited...

Are you on facebook? If so that is WAY more dangerous than your email address....

If you don't get that, then there is indeed no use arguing...

Greg
Greg, whilst I don't fully disagree with you, we each have our own areas of concern, I would not put my personal email in a open forum, but my website email is in my blog!! FB, finished with that years ago, I do have an account again, (as some business do trade through FB), but my account has none of my details in it, just a means to view their information.
It is all about perceived risk, and where you as an individual considers the highest risk, though often the individual does not consider other higher risks e.g. crossing the road :)

Reactions: 1 user
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Jimmy, I'm trying to actually help people with current and correct information, and where to spend their energies if they are afraid of identity theft. There is a lot of old data out there, that is just no longer true.

Fortunately the "hackers" have changed over the years.... it used to be a bunch of kids just disrupting stuff, and typically it was maddening but not super organized.

Now it just business, getting people's personal information and selling it to people who want to profit from it.

We will be in 2 factor authentication very soon, it is just going nuts. email is way down the priority list, things that allow people to steal money, your house, etc. is where the concerns are, and also ransomware (people will learn to back up their data the hard way).

Notice the millions paid in ransom for our pipeline in the USA... it's all about money... not a few emails...

Greg