Best supplier of model cars

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Fifteen quid postage - taking the mick or what?
Probably from Italy, then

You see a few from Italy on evilbay, and sometimes from Oz :eek::eek:

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
@OP - remember that when you get it, it is likely to have the steering wheel on the correct side, and have an indecipherable license plate that might not go with the rest of your vehicles. ;)

tac

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
@OP - remember that when you get it, it is likely to have the steering wheel on the correct side, and have an indecipherable license plate that might not go with the rest of your vehicles. ;)

tac
I suppose there probably are more 1:1 Z3s with the steering wheel on the passenger side :p

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
No doubt - the UK market was not the biggest by a long whatsit, nor were the other countries that drive on the left-hand side of the road. A pal of mine here in village has one in white that he bought for £1500 last year. He likes it a lot, in spite of the usual [he says] comments from his pals in the SaSC about coiffure and those who are negaged in the doing of it.

tac

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
No doubt - the UK market was not the biggest by a long whatsit, nor were the other countries that drive on the left-hand side of the road. A pal of mine here in village has one in white that he bought for £1500 last year. He likes it a lot, in spite of the usual [he says] comments from his pals in the SaSC about coiffure and those who are negaged in the doing of it.

tac
The 1:1 Z3 was one of those cars which looked half decent in its day, but, surprisingly for BMW was let down by poor handling. I seem to recall some criticism of the driving position as well. Needless to say, all improved on the Z4.

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
My pal Clive, whose wife bought it for him for their 10th wedding anniversary, remarked that it had a ride like a church pew down a flight of stairs. All well and good for the great roads they seem to have elsewhere, but not here,where most roads seem to be either a set of interconnected pot-holes, or under repair the moment they have been built and dug-up for the necessary services to be put in.
My little manopause car feels just the same, but I put up with it so I can laff at poor people...

tac

Hutch

G Gauge, Raising Peaches, Apricots
1 Feb 2012
Southwest Oklahoma, USA
Best answers

tac

You can always bribe a friend to print you a peel and stick license tag on a color printer. Cool or warm refreshment usually works...

Reactions: 1 user