In Texas
2 May 2021
Magnolia Texas
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Fellow G Enthusiasts!

I have been given a Bachmann Tram (Bachmann calls it a Street Car) that has been abused. I can fix the broken plastic but it is missing a diode in the bottom that runs the directional lighting for one direction. I would like to replace the diode with the right size. Can somebody please tell me what size diode it uses for the directional lighting front and rear? I am posting a picture. Enjoy your trains daily! AJ the TeacherBachmann Diode.jpg

Gtarling

Registered
26 Aug 2019
Grantham
Best answers
Country flag
I think a 1N4001 diode should do the trick.

G.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Gtarling! I will see if I have any in my parts. AJ the Teacher
A 1N400(almost any digit) will do the trick..

If you have any other diodes, post the part number, and we can advise..

PhilP

AJtheTeacher

In Texas
2 May 2021
Magnolia Texas
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
A 1N400(almost any digit) will do the trick..

If you have any other diodes, post the part number, and we can advise..

PhilP
Hi PhilP. Using a looking glass I did find a number on the other diode It is 1N4002 and under that is has DC. I did check on the specs for it.

1N4002 Rectifier diode. Average forward DC current is 1A but non-repetitive peak current is 30A. RMS reverse voltage peak is 70v and peak repetitive voltage is 100v. Please let me know if I am in error, missed something or if anybody has a suggestion.

Thanks. AJ the Teacher

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
AJ, a 1N4002 will be fine..
:)

PhilP

Reactions: 1 user

DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
I have recovered some from Bachmann trams which I have fitted new trucks to, PM your address (assuming in britain) and I will send you a couple recovered from my models.

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
I have recovered some from Bachmann trams which I have fitted new trucks to, PM your address (assuming in britain) and I will send you a couple recovered from my models.
I think AJ is in Texas

DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
I think AJ is in Texas
AJ has a union flag under his name which is why I thought he's in britain, if I am ready the royal mail web page correctly, a letter from Scotland to Texas shouldn't cost more than £1.85, I think even I could stretch to that.

The diodes are sat on the shelf doing nothing anyhow.

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
HI AJ,

You can fix you flag in account settings. I don't think there is an option for the Republic of Texas though!;)

AJtheTeacher

In Texas
2 May 2021
Magnolia Texas
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Agreed but the profile says different.
I agree that the Union Jack somehow found its way onto my page. I am in Texas and attempts to change my location have been for naught. I hope that this does not cause too much consternation and I do appreciate the kind offer of the diodes and would happily pay the cost of mailing. Thanks. AJ the Teacher

AJtheTeacher

In Texas
2 May 2021
Magnolia Texas
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
HI AJ,

You can fix you flag in account settings. I don't think there is an option for the Republic of Texas though!;)
Hello phils2um:

I appreciate your advice. I have tried to fix my location flag in the account settings before but I have been unable to change. But I will endeavour to try again.

I also do not wish for anybody from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland take offense at the mistake. Thanks, and have a Blessed day. AJ the Teacher

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hello phils2um:

I appreciate your advice. I have tried to fix my location flag in the account settings before but I have been unable to change. But I will endeavour to try again.

I also do not wish for anybody from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland take offense at the mistake. Thanks, and have a Blessed day. AJ the Teacher
No offense here, I do tend to click on name at times so as you have done by declaring TX we can at least find out where you are if in doubt.

AJtheTeacher

In Texas
2 May 2021
Magnolia Texas
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I was not totally successful in changing my location flag but I was able to put the words "In Texas" under my name. Thanks everyone. Enjoy your G trains every day! AJ the Teacher
AJ the Teacher.jpg

Last edited: