Aristocraft Class 66 lights not working

Overner

Registered
15 May 2021
Ningwood
Best answers
Country flag
Hi to all,

I have just aquired an Aristocraft Class 66 and having checked it out, none of the lights are operating. I have attached an image of the mainboard, showing a 3 pin socked at the bottom and a free 3 pin plug (possible dislodged during courier transit). I am fairly certain they should be connected, but I did not want to damage anything so before I do, can anyone confirm that this is correct please ...

Thanks in anticipation

AndyIMG_20210708_150301158.jpg

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
That would look to be correct, but I am surprised if none of the lights are working?

George Schreyer is the go-to for information on the wiring...

Girr. Org is where you will find his site.

Follow the links to his large scale trains section..

PhilP

Overner

Registered
15 May 2021
Ningwood
Best answers
Country flag
That would look to be correct, but I am surprised if none of the lights are working?

George Schreyer is the go-to for information on the wiring...

Girr. Org is where you will find his site.

Follow the links to his large scale trains section..

PhilP
Thanks for the link Phil ... I took the plunge, connected the plug/socket and heyho problem solved ..

Cheers .. Andy

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
The type 66 post dates george's web site
Pity..
It would be really useful to have his insights on the '66. :nerd::nod:

I must contact him, about taking am image of the LS content..
None of us are getting any younger, and sites tend to die soon after their authors.. :(

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
I have not been able to contact him in a long time, about 6 years ago he called me out of the blue and he could barely talk, he told me he had a stroke.

He and his charming wife have visited me, they lived about 45 minutes away. I remember his sd45 taking on my 5.5% grade, and several other fun times.

The best one was at a show in Pomona California. I was having a bit of an animated discussion with a self-appointed "expert"

In the middle of this discussion, George spoke up and backed my position/statements. This "expert" whirled around, and said to him: "who do you think you are, a rocket scientist?"

George merely said "yup".... we fell into hysterics... not only had this expert failed to recognize George, but George was INDEED a rocket scientist. A great memory of a great guy.

Greg