Help needed please! Backtracking on a project....

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all, hoping that someone out there can help with a slightly odd question..... ;)

I have an LGB 23593 Class 2092 diesel, which came factory-MTS-fitted. Some while ago I decided to add sound via an LS chip (removing and replacing the original MTS decoder completely), and got the project half-finished when I got distracted on other things (ooh, shiny....). I've now decided that with the imminent release (hopefully) of Massoth's new "S" sound module, it would make much more sense to fit one of those as soon as they become available, and re-use the LS in something else. So..... I need to put the old MTS factory decoder BACK into the 2092.... I have all the bits (I deliberately didn't cut or damage anything when I removed it, just unplugged and unscrewed everything) BUT I need to know which plug goes into which socket on the factory-fit decoder!
Yes, I know I should have taken a photo first, but I didn't.... hindsight is always 20/20.... ;)

The plug from the motor/pickup harness is still connected to the board, so that bit is OK - but there is the other 4-pin large plug from the cab control switch, and a choice of 3 sockets for it to go into (one RED socket, two black), and five little two-pin plugs from the lights (3 at the front, 1 rear plus cab light) with a multitude of possible two-pin sockets on the board.

Does anyone have (or know where I could find on the interweb) a photo of this loco (or a similar one with the same type of decoder) showing the standard factory decoder installation? Or an exploded diagram showing where each plug goes?

Any help or constructive suggestions (apart from "take flippin' photos next time!") from the Gestalt Listmind would be very gratefully received..... :D

Cliff George

Registered
24 Oct 2009
City of Chelmsford
Best answers
Country flag

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Cliff, that's a great help!
The decoder from the 2092 looks like the lower one of the two diagrams in that pdf, from that I should be able to figure out what goes back where.

Once again the GSC listmind comes up trumps!! :clap:

gep4

G scale garden railway & indoor layout
24 Oct 2009
South Staffs.
Best answers
Try Mike at Bolton. he is majic with electics. He is a moderater on this web site. you can find his conact ref. under members list. go to moderaters and send him a p.m.
He has helped me in the past.

cheers gep4

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Zerogee said:
I need to know which plug goes into which socket on the factory-fit decoder!

The specs for both LGB single motor and two motor decoders are already on this Forum. Use the "search forum" button and look for LGB onboard decoder. It's in a thread started in November 2009.

GENERAL HINT - the default view on all threads is to show only postings from the last 30 days. To see more, use the "search forum" facility or alter your view to more than 30 days.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks all for the advice and pointers - job now done, decoder safely back in the 2092, all plugs in their sockets and all seems to be working fine. :D

Now I just need to decide whether to put the freed-up LS in the Playmobil maintenance unit I got recently, or keep it aside for some other small diesel project!

Jon.