Additional Control

Clive

Drama - acting, Woodwork, G Scale, railways
22 Jan 2010
Leicester
Best answers
Country flag
I have an all performing Massoth controller which, as you know, allows me to control umpteen locos all at once. However, I would like a secondary contoller so that a friend ( if I've got one) or my grandson, can operate the same locos. Obviously only one loco would be under one controller at once. This would mean that we can 'drive' different locos at the same time. I don't want this to be as expensive as the marvellous Massoth - so
a) is this possible?
b) which cheaper controller do you suggest?
c) are my intentions clear?
THANKS Clive

Mez

Registered
30 Mar 2010
Oxfordshire
Best answers
c Yes they are clear and im interested in the answer as well.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Clive said:
I have an all performing Massoth controller which, as you know, allows me to control umpteen locos all at once. However, I would like a secondary contoller so that a friend ( if I've got one) or my grandson, can operate the same locos. Obviously only one loco would be under one controller at once. This would mean that we can 'drive' different locos at the same time. I don't want this to be as expensive as the marvellous Massoth - so
a) is this possible?
b) which cheaper controller do you suggest?
c) are my intentions clear?
THANKS Clive
a) Yes

b) Might be able to find a LGB remote that is cheaper than the Massoth Navigator

c) Message received and understood....

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Yes that will work - but, is your existing hand controller tethered or radio. The LGB unit uses a different radi signal to the Massoth Navigator. You can use both radio systems together but by that time you might just as well buy another Navigator.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Clive, you did not mention if you are using a Dimax Central station or an MTS3 unit with the Navigator handset.

If you are using MTS3 then you can connect any LGB MTS handset directly to the "LGB Bus" connectors (not the Dimax connector).

If you are using a Massoth Dimax Central station then you can use LGB MTS handset (55016/55016) BUT you will need to use the Massoth 600A Transducer (#8138501) to convert the LGB bus protocols to the Dimax Bus protocol.

BEWARE: connecting a LGB handset directly to the Dimax bus MAY damage the handset and the Dimax unit.