15,000,000 Views for a Garden Railway Video

kedwards

Caving, Garden Railways & more caving. Fan of TTTE
1 Jan 2011
Bromsgrove
wychboldandstokepriorrailway.blogspot.co.uk
Best answers
I made this video in May 2014 when I used to have a garden railway. A few days ago it clocked up its 15 millionth view on YouTube! I'm completely amazed. I like to think it's success isn't just to do with the fact that it stars a famous blue locomotive, but has more to do with the story which in the spirit of the original stories written by the Rev. Wilbert and Christopher Awdry and its watchability due to the story, the quality of the filming and the tight editing.

Reactions: 3 users

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Brilliant! Well deserved :clap::clap::clap:...........:clap::clap::clap:

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
A well deserved success for all the reasons you mention. Congratulations!

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Still very watchable :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Very much so, just watched it again. Something for Chris Grayling to learn there maybe.
HS2 doesn't need to be fast - it does need to be built to relieve congestion and, more importantly, it needs to terminate at both Heathrow and London :nod::nod:

It might achieve something then :):):)

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
HS2 doesn't need to be fast - it does need to be built to relieve congestion and, more importantly, it needs to terminate at both Heathrow and London :nod::nod:

It might achieve something then :):):)

So it needn't be HS2 then. Just reasonably fast and reliable.

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
Best answers
Country flag
I'll put my hand up.... watched it some time ago.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I am not allowed to mention HS2... SW is dead against it.. :rolleyes:

I will only be dead against it, if it ever gets north of Birmingham, and I am still delivering papers..
I will have to cross the route six times, whilst delivering.. Knowing the disruption it will cause, I don't want to know!

Mind you, I doubt I will live to see it built?? :(:shake::shake:

chris m01

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Birmingham, UK
Best answers
Country flag
My grandson is about 1 million of those views! Well done.

Reactions: 1 user

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag

I will only be dead against it, if it ever gets north of Birmingham, and I am still delivering papers..
I will have to cross the route six times, whilst delivering.. Knowing the disruption it will cause, I don't want to know!

Mind you, I doubt I will live to see it built?? :(:shake::shake:[/QUOTEH
Happy little soul!

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I can see why there have been over 15,000,000 views. Very well done. I'd like to know a bit more about how to insert live humans into a video.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag

Mind you, I doubt I will live to see it built?? :(:shake::shake:
The problem is how else to increase capacity. The 'experts' used to say that digital working etc would reduce the need for so much air travel, but there's no sign of t decreasing yet, and I suspect that the same is true of rail travel.

The Beardie Boy's Pendolinos are running every 15 minutes up the west coast, and there's not a lot of spare track capacity.

The East Coast line is similarly cluttered.

So what else do you do?

Reactions: 1 user

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Great Central?

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
The figures here:

House of Lords - The Economics of High Speed 2 - Economic Affairs Committee

although dating back to 2012 and 2013 show that there is little overcrowding on trains on the West Coast line (paras 146 to 154) or elsewhere. Paras 146 to 188 make interesting reading both as regards overcrowding and fare policies.

On the Scarborough-Manchester-Liverpool line, passengers standing is common, especially at rush hours as it is a commuter line as well as an "intercity" line.

In the report linked to above, mention is made of longer trains and this seems a solution to overcrowding which isn't much considered in England and Wales. Even on York race days, the trains from Scarborough are still only 2 or 3 units.

Scotrail seems to have a different approach. Pitlochry has a population of 2,776 and is on the Perth-Inverness line. When we were here last November, the three coach platform was being extended to take nine coach trains.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
The figures here:

House of Lords - The Economics of High Speed 2 - Economic Affairs Committee

although dating back to 2012 and 2013 show that there is little overcrowding on trains on the West Coast line (paras 146 to 154) or elsewhere. Paras 146 to 188 make interesting reading both as regards overcrowding and fare policies.

On the Scarborough-Manchester-Liverpool line, passengers standing is common, especially at rush hours as it is a commuter line as well as an "intercity" line.

In the report linked to above, mention is made of longer trains and this seems a solution to overcrowding which isn't much considered in England and Wales. Even on York race days, the trains from Scarborough are still only 2 or 3 units.

Scotrail seems to have a different approach. Pitlochry has a population of 2,776 and is on the Perth-Inverness line. When we were here last November, the three coach platform was being extended to take nine coach trains.
The main problem with extending the platforms, is that quite often there isn't any where to extend to. Royston is very lucky as it was a swapping point between electric and diesel traction due to a low bridge, so there's already long platforms, but most of the stations on the line are stuffed

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
The main problem with extending the platforms, is that quite often there isn't any where to extend to. Royston is very lucky as it was a swapping point between electric and diesel traction due to a low bridge, so there's already long platforms, but most of the stations on the line are stuffed

No solution is going to be without its problems but HS2 appears not to be a solution which brings with it more problems than i solves.